DL2DXA will be active from Agadir, Morocco 7-14 March 2014 as CN2XA
He will be active on HF Bands
QSL via home call
The word Agadir means in Berber "wall enclosing a fortress or town".
Agadir's name is Gadiris in French, and pronounced Gougadir or Oultougadir in Berber language (Tachelhit), and Gadiri or Gadiria in Arabic (pronunciations are approximate - see original Tachelhit and Arabic for accuracy).
The name of Agadir comes from the GDR Berber root meaning slope, steep slope, or escarpment
- 1934: Le Grand Jeu by Jacques Feyder
- 1954-1955: Oasis by Yves Allégret
- 1969: Du soleil plein les yeux by Michel Boisrond
- 1988: Y'a bon les blancs by Marco Ferreri
- 2006: Days of Glory by Rachid Bouchareb
- 2009: Les Filles du désert by Hubert Besson, an episode of the television series Plus belle la vie
2011 Agadir Bombay by Myriam Bakir