X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

QSO Today - 4Z1UG - KJ6VU

Press Release

LOS ANGELES - QSO Today host Eric Guth, 4Z1UG, announced that the first QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo will commence on August 8th and 9th, 2020, over a period of 48 hours. This virtual Expo is built on a live virtual reality platform commonly used by Fortune 500 companies and major universities. Attendance is free, and anyone can attend from their home or office.

Eric and his team, including George Zafiropoulos, KJ6VU, have assembled 50+ of the best ham radio mentors in multiple tracks to address this conference from the virtual Expo’s auditorium. Icom has taken the lead as the Expo’s Platinum Sponsor, along with Gold Sponsors RT Systems, FlexRadio, RFinder, DX Engineering, Elecraft, and GigaParts.

At the Expo, amateur radio operators will be able to:
    • Learn from a packed line-up of renowned ham radio speakers such as Ward Silver, N0AX, on Grounding and Bonding; Glen Johnson, W0GJ, on DXpeditions, and John Portune, W6NBC, on building slot antennas for HOA.
    • See demos of the latest ham radio equipment from the world’s top equipment companies. Attendees can easily ask questions and engage with Exhibitors through video, audio, or chat.
    • Share ideas and network with their fellow ham radio operators at any time throughout the Expo.

This platform simulates a full convention experience with an exhibit hall and exhibit booths staffed by live attendants, speaker auditorium, lobby, and lounges.

“I was planning on my own trip to Dayton this year when I heard of its cancellation, followed by Friedrichschaffen, and now Huntsville. With the encouragement of my listeners and guests of the QSO Today Podcast, I spent months looking at alternatives before deciding on a platform to create this virtual event to share with the amateur radio community. Our virtual Expo also means that the hundreds of thousands of ham radio operators that have never to a ‘physical” event can now also participate. Admission is free, and door prizes will be posted to the event’s website as they are added. Since the Expo is completely funded by exhibitor booth sales, I’m encouraged by the great response from Icom and other sponsors” said Eric, 4Z1UG.

The QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo will commence on Saturday August 8th, run for 48 hours as a live event, then will be available as an on-demand event for another 30 days. “How many conventions have I gone to, especially large ones, where I had no time to visit all of the exhibitor booths? Now I can attend every lecture, and engage as many exhibitors as I want since everything is available for 30 days after the Expo” said Eric, 4Z1UG.

For more information go to qsotodayhamexpo.com/

Press contact:
    Brad Grob

QSO Today Logo
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X