Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

AT3A - Panemangalore - India

Kiran Padiyar, VU2XE receive contest call AT3A and will be active from Panemangalore, India.
    Information from Kiran:
    Due to massive high rise building next to my Bangalore QTH, most of my contest windows got closed.

I will be participating in major contests from my native QTH 250 Km west of Bangalore as AT3A

About the QTH:

PaneMangalore is where I was brought up and the QTH has lot of memories from yester years. Building itself was landmark for many decades for its unique architecture style. It is small town on the banks of river Nethravati a primary source of water to nearby Mangalore city. It is also told that the town got its name because it was like Paani (means Hand in Kannada language) to Mangalore. It was a junction, where all traders used waterways to arrive from Mangalore sea port and then continued their journey by bullock karts towards inlands. This is also a land of freedom fighters including my grand father Shri. P Madhav Padiyar. Historical significance and memory lanes naturally draws oneself to back in time zone!.

QTH has a small hillock on the East side and small houses/streets on the other directions. There is no much land to place beverage antennas, but definitely few yagis and verticals can be spread in the property. Terrain analysis shows decent elevation angles to all directions for HF contests. I have made my first contesting efforts from this QTH in 2010-11 as well. And now i return back with bit more prepared.

Plan:

2018 will be a test year for some serious contesting ahead. Initially, I am planning for Hexbeam at 45 feet (20-15-10), vertical (40mtr) and a single radio for SOAB modes. I am also in process of planning multi two capability, just in cast my buddies show up. Goal is to enjoy contest weekends and do better than my own scores in the past.

QSL Policy:

I will not be printing QSL cards for this call. I will be uploading all QSOs to LOTW on regular basis.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PAPER QSL. IT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

Best Regards

VU2XE

AT3A Kiran Padiyar, Panemangalore, India
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X