WRTC 2022 - Bologna - Italy - News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

There are a few people in NA and many in Europe who are expressing their displeasure of how WRTC Italty is handling things.
    Thre large majority of the teams have not said a word. This is not good. The only way of any possible change is to get everyone involved.

WRTC is about competition, yes. But if you've been in the game for a long time, it is the people connection that makes the event a one-of-a-kind. Now, much of
    this inter-personal interaction has been already ruined by severe mismanagement.

I'm still in as a referee, but having severe reservations.

I hope to God we get some financial details pretty soon.

I'm not gong to Orlando -- but for those who are, make your voices heard loudly to Fabio and team.

Gerry Hull, W1VE
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Like it or not only the Organizing Committee has the ability to make things right, they have the ball and it is their ball field. They have total responsibility for their actions and the success or failure of this WRTC. We can only make suggestions.

It is very likely the Russians and Belarusians can obtain travel documents, many hold passports from other nations.

The only viable solution is the one provided by the IOC. We can only hope this wisdom is embraced.

John W2GD
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

John

This is a total disaster. Communication from the
        Organizers is not what is needed.
        BTW it seems that Italy is giving visas for Russians
        so they are free to come.
        At least they give visas for Russian skiers to come
        to Italy.
        Now it seems that at least 40 countries will boycott
        next Olympics if Russians and Belarussians are
        allowed to join.
        But this radio sport is all above that.
        Guys, get balls and stand by your country.

Timo OG9X
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Timo,

I have recently been communicating with the Organizers and selected Sanctioning Committee members. At times this has seemed one-sided but I persist. I have received two responses over the last week from Italy.

At this time all exchanges are kept private but this may change soon.

Solutions remain in the hands of the Organizing Committee which is solely responsible for all operational decisions about how WRTC2022 is presented. The SC can only offer guidance without authority to force compliance.

What happens next is up to the Organizers. I hope they come to their senses and implement IOC recommendations as all other international sport federations have done.

BRGDS,

John, W2GD
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Message from KU1CW:
            I like your optimism, John….
            but they were ignorant for a long , long time and have never addressed a single issue asked by the participants. Not only not answered, but heavily censored reflector and finally shut it down. What a shame.
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Find out what you can! I am blown away by the lack of communication. Perhaps Fabio is waiting for Orlando to make a big "announcement". Whatever it is, it is going to piss some contingency off.

I'm bewildered that at 6 months before the event, we don't have an exact descriptions of the operating sites. A B&B? A farmhouse? All pictures show none of that. The chance of RFI is huge. This is inexcusable.

I m pissed off that accommodations information has come so late. My family (5 of us) were planning to make it a family trip. However, do to much uncertainty, that is out because airfares for me are at least $450 more than they were 2 months ago. There is no accomodations availability around Bologna that I can see. So they won't come.

Regarding competitors paying the full freight: obviously the WRTC2022 committee did not raise enough money. There are MANY well-deserving ops who worked their asses off to qualify. It would be a shame if these ops don't attend due to funding. Hopefully, local contest clubs or those with resources will ensure these ops can go, on a needs basis.

I am on the fence at this time, and so is the referee I am going to share a room with. If he backs out, I am out. So, this event is really a house of cards.

Please convey all these thoughts to Fabio.

Gerry W1VE
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Fellow contesters,
                The WRTC 2022 OC is aware of the geopolitical situation in the world and for that, following the IOC guideline, has decided that :
                During official events of WRTC2022, such as the open/closing ceremony and any other official meetings :
                Any flags and signs of Military offensive countries are forbidden.
                All other countries flags and signs are allowed to be displayed , from any participants, competitors, referees and visitors .
                Competitors and Referees must wear official clothes provided by WRTC2022 OC during these events (Dressing code).
                In case of a situation where there are aggressive attitudes, both verbal and physical, and any situation where public order is lacking, the organization reserves the right to take measures that may also include the exclusion from the competition.
                The reflector has been reopened.
                Best 73 de WRTC 2022 Committee
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I don’t see as any of our concerns have been accommodated. How can you say that “military offensive countries” means "saying russia and belarus without saying it”??

This sentence by organizers is meaningless. You see already herd of zombies calling US military offensive country. russians are saying that NATO attacked them and they are just protecting themselves. And on top of it all I am afraid and probably right that Italians are trying to call Ukraine military offensive country as it is currently definitely conducting military operations to push the invaders out.

This wording is a mockery and means absolutely nothing. Commits nobody to anything, not in legal nor in actual meaning.

On top of that, even if they actually banned russian symbolics, it is not acceptable to limit this to official meetings but allow the flags to be waived everywhere else. russian terrorists’ symbolics should be banned in all ways from the whole contest, russian teams competing under neutral flags, and anyone using those symbolics, removed from the contest.

So all of this currently changes absolutely nothing and simply further proves the organizers are under heavy influence of russian money and leaves no desire to participate in this event.

Tonno
                  ES5TV
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Message from UA9BA to OG9X:
                    Dear Timo!
                    Where have you been all these times when dozens of countries where exposed to aggression by NATO troops?
                    YU, T6, YI, 5A, YK to name just few. I can send you a list of countries that were exposed to american aggression over the past 50 years. It lists 50+ DXCC entities...
                    Where have you been since the illegal takeover of power in Ukraine in 2014?
                    Where have you been since West and East Germany reunion approved by USSR’s leader Gorbachev under ONE and only ONE promise to USSR (Russia) by NATO not to expand towards East (to Russian borders). That promise was broken 10 times.
                    Where have you been all these days since 2014 up until now when daily bombardments of Donetsk (former UR5I...) and Lugansk (former UR5M..) have been taking lives of ordinary civilians of these regions to a total account as of today of almost 10000?
                    Did they teach you over your entire life that NAZISM means superiority of one nation over every other one? What you are saying and proposing is PURE NAZI deal.
                    Take a break. Stop. Think. Read history books.

73 de Willy UA9BA

73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

You are totally wrong, John.
                      Russians and Belarussians are banned by the IOC now.
                      There suggestions were risen by IOC chairman Mr. Bakh to allow participants from those two aggressor countries to take part in Paris Olympic games under neutral flag, but international opinion to this is absolutely negative. Ukraine immediately announced about boycott, President Zelensky invited the IOC chairman to visit Ukraine... 40+ countries have already announced their intention to support boycott of the Olympic games 2024.....
                      So far only few sports organisations allows russians and belarusians to participate under neutral flag - The tennis, table tennis, some sorts of motosport.

Considering our team, We are quite well prepared for the WRTC - we made two training trips to Italy during IARU 2021 and IARU 2022, we spent money on new radios, so far we were following our preparation plan, but .......
                      We can not attend WRTC 2022 under current conditions.
                      It is a shame, italian OC does not even dare to name those "military offensive countries", they do not even dare to return back countries' flags to the WEB.
                      Russian money still talks loudly to WRTC 2022 OC.
                      Same to the CQ magazine.... Shame on.

73! Gedas LY9A
                      We do not represent any qualification area, we represent Lithuania
                      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                      X