• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Ham Spirit Contest

HAM SPIRIT CONTEST

“ No political, religious, military or commercial
    purposes are pursued in the amateur radio service”.
    The Amateur’s Code by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA (1928)

Based on the radio amateur code,
    the «Central Siberia DX-club» decided to establish
    the World Wide Ham Spirit Contest.

Contest Period:
    There will be two Ham Spirit Contests held annually.
    CW Ham Spirit Contest:
    Start: October 29, 2022 at 06:00 UTC Mode: CW
    End: October 30, 2022 at 05:59 UTC Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m

SSB Ham Sprit Contest:
    Start: November 26, 2022 at 06:00 UTC Mode: SSB
    End: November 27, 2022 at 05:59 UTC Bands: 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m

Objective:
    Radio amateurs from all over the world who have a radio amateur license are invited to participate.
    The goal is to improve amateur operating skills by conducting 2-way radio communications with as many amateur radio stations around the world as possible on the HF bands.

Entry Categories:

Single Operator
    Separate entry by power level: High and Low.
    One person (the operator) performs all operating and logging functions.
    The entrants may use QSO finding assistance technology or other source that provides call sign or multiplier identification as a CW decoder, DX cluster, DX spotting Web sites, e.g.
    There is no limit on band changes.
    Single operator stations are only allowed one transmitted signal at any given time.

Multi Operator, Single Transmitter, High Power
    Only one transmitting signal is allowed at any given time.
    Exception: One, and only one, other transmitting signal may be used if it is on a different band from the run transmitter and the station worked is a new multiplier.
    There is no limit on band changes.

Alternate CQs on two or more frequencies using the same band is prohibited.
    Output power (PEP) is limited by the terms of the owner's license.

All operators must comply with the rules governing the operation of amateur radio stations in their country.

Contest Exchange:
    All stations send a signal report, number of their ITU zone and a large locator square identificator.
    Examples: 599 27JN, 599 28JN, 599 42MM, 599 42MN, 599 32NO, 599 32OO.
    The ITU zone and the large locator square are transmitted together.

Scoring:
    The QSO with station in your own ITU zone, regardless of the square, count one (1) point.
    The QSO within your continent but with a different ITU zone count three (3) points.
    The QSO with a different continent and ITU zone count five (5) points.

Multipliers:
    The multipliers on each band are different ITU zones and a new locator in the Zone + locator combination. Examples: 27JN, 28JN, 42MN, 42MM, 32NO, 32OO are different multipliers.

Final score:
    The score calculates as the total QSO points times the total multipliers contacted.

Logs Submission:
    Logs are accepted ONLY in electronic form in CABRILLO format.
    Logs are loaded through the Web interface of the site ua9qcq.com.
    The deadline to accept logs is set after 7 calendar days after the contest.
    Any log received after this date is accepting for CHECKLOG only.

QSOs are not counted in the following cases:
    - if the QSO is not confirmed by the correspondent's logs;
    - if there are errors in the call signs or/and in the received control number;
    - the QSO time differs by more than 3 minutes in correspondent's logs;
    - if no report is received from the correspondent or/and the correspondent is “unique” (call sign
    occurs in less than 3 contest logs);

Awards:
    Plaques are awarded to participants who performance the best three results in each of the categories.
    Electronic certificates will be awarded to everyone who submits an entry.
    Amateur radio or other organization, as well as individual radio amateurs, may establish and sponsor their own awards.

Contest software:
    N1MM, TR4W, DXLOG, 5MC and any other loggers that support IARU HF.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

This "upside-down CQ WW" contest is a miserable, counterproductive idea that actually continues the process of destruction of Ham Spirit, started by RSGB and CQ Magazine editor W2VU.

Comment

•  

This is an understandable reaction of Russian radio amateurs to the CQ & RSGB decision, which dragged politics into HAM radio.
      CQ & RSGB with their idiotic initiative destroyed the HAMSPIRIT (not Russians).

Comment

•  

Andy RW3AH/KL1A,
        We know each other for decades and I was surprised by the anti-CQWW campaign full of bestial hatred that you've initiated on forum.qrz.ru
        The fact is that CQ staff has realized that they made a mistake and made the first step to correct it. The obvious move from the affected side was to make their step toward, saying: "OK, to survive the ham spirit we don't care about paper and wood and will take part in CQWW by all means".
        In fact, most of the major big contest stations from Russia have stated exactly that.
        Instead you initiated the senseless petition campaign aimed to divide the contest community even further.
        The apotheosis of this campaign was creation of the mentioned earlier "upside-down CQ WW" contest that is talking about ham spirit but destroying it in reality
        and this destruction will be on your conscience, Andy.

Comment

•  

Victor, US5WE I agree and disagree with you.
          I tell Andy, RW3AH that on qrz ru discussion is go wrong way because CQ WW CC decisions killing HAM Radio Spirit and Contesting not just with Russia but for all Radio Amateurs because they involve politics in ham radio.
          Of course Andy is very emotional but when some one is trying to put responsibility on him its remind me:
          The Wolf and the Lamb from The Fables of Ivan Krylov
          A Lamb, one sweltering day, came by a stream to drink.
          An lo, calamity had to befall him
          In that a hungry Wolf was scouring about nearby.
          He sees the Lamb and rushes to his prey;
          But, to give the deed the look and sense of law,
          He yells, “How dare you, you rogue, immerse your filthy mug
          In my pure drinking water,
          and cloud it with silt and sand?
          For such impertinence
          I will indeed remove your head!” –
          “His Highness Wolf permitting,
          I will dare submit that I am drinking
          About a hundred paces downstream;
          His wrath is all for naught:
          I cannot possibly pollute his draft of water.” -
          “And thus I lie?!
          You wretch! Such rudeness is unheard of in this world!
          And I remember, too, a couple of summers back,
          You, in this very spot, insulted me!”
          “For goodness’ sake, I am not a year old yet,”
          Pleads the Lamb. “It was your brother, then.”
          “I have no brothers.” “Then some other relative,
          Or someone of your ilk.
          You all, your dogs, and all your shepherds,
          You wish me ill
          And hurt me any time and any way you are able.
          But I will make you pay for all their sins!”
          “Oh, but how am I at fault?” – “Shut up! Enough!
          I’ve no time to sort through your transgressions!
          You are at fault that I am famished,”
          He said – and dragged the Lamb into the woods.

Translated, from the Russian, by Ellen Orner, a.k.a. Meg Hiller, 1999
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

My dear old friend Alex,
            I got your point but in my opinion in this particular case the more appropriate will be another Krylov's fable about small dog named Moska barking at the Elephant.
            For me, after Feb 24 invasion and corresponding ham radio ban in Ukraine, these all have only theoretical interest of how far the caveman anti-Americanism can go.
            Fortunately, having in mind the opinions of the major big Russian contesters and CQWW contest committee members UA9CDC and RA3AUU there's a hope.....

Comment

•  

Victor!
              Thank you for your message and civilized discussion of this sensitive topic.

You and I are at different poles and see and feel differently a sense of justice, human dignity and the right to respond to outright insults and violations of rights.

Comment

•  

Dear Victor!
                I am friendly with americans, ukrainians, russians and all other nations.
                Its not matter from where are you from
                Problem is that CQ WW CC make decision against all ham radio operators and contesters and they open that dirty door.
                Its killing hobby really.
                People arguing with each other and what will happen when war will finish We will see ham radio like it was before?
                I dont think so and thats biggest problem with my opinion.
                I dont have any hope with current CQ WW CC.
                About elephant and moska with my opinion moska is CQ WW CC and elephant is ham radio community.
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Fable Elephant and Moska

Along the streets Big Elephant was led, To show him off, most likely. Since Elephants are not a common thing to see A crowd of gapers followed on his heels. All of a sudden Pug springs up in front of them. And seeing Elephant, it raises a great rumpus, It lunges, barks and howls And does its best to pick a quarrel. "Hey neighbor, stop the fuss," A mutt intones, "You? Deal with Elephant? Look at you barking yourself hoarse, and he just strolls Nonplussed And doesn't care one bit about your noise." "Ho ho!" Pug says, "That's just what I enjoy, Since I can be a real tough guy Without a single blow or bruise. That way, the other dogs will say: "To bark at Elephant this Pug Must be a real strong mug!"
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Andy RW3AH,
                    You're kidding, aren't you?
                    It is OUR rights to take part in CQWW contests that have been violated.
                    On the other hand, you can take part and even download the electronic PDF award for, say, 25th place in Austria.
                    Instead, you've initiated the anti-CQWW campaign that resulted in creation of the "Out of spite upside-down CQWW" event.
                    As i said before - this will be on your conscience, Andy.
                    Last edited by us5we; 09-17-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X