Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

The Ham Spirit Contest (Phone) Reminder

The phone part of the Ham Spirit Contest in on this coming Saturday - November 26th, 2022.
    Read the rules at hamspiritcontest.com

The telegraphy part attracted over 800 participants in spite of massive and coordinated boycott.
    The DX Summit removed all call signs from Russia and Belarus and filtered away any reference to this contest.
    I did not see any information about this good-will event on any website of national organizations.
    This is called cancel culture in politics and social relations. I remember when some children thought that closing their eyes would make things disappear.
    Nowadays adults believe the same.
  •  

Hi Henryk!
    Its Great you mention some political actions in Ham Radio.
    Problem is that Ham Spirit contest is also very political you need to see what they say in russian reflectors and how they talking about other radio amateurs.
    Also contest director RC9O I call him Mr Pebbles declare political things always in his messages.
    The political coloring of this contest allows it to be called a Russian Racists Contest, and many national organizations perceive it as such.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

RC9O as contest director represent Ham Spirit contest and its no way to talk about ham spirit if they blaming other amateurs and amateur radio organizations just divide them by country.
      What is difference then between CQ WW CC and Ham Spirit CC?
      Henryk I remember you mention that before to not declare that this contest is made out of spite for another contest and label people on the basis of belonging to any country.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I simply like the rules of this Ham Spirit Contest.
        Never took contesting too seriously because it is impossible to know what people do at their radios. I have seen 10kW, or bigger, amplifiers, I have seen groups participating as Single Operator, no one knows what kind of drugs some people take, I have read about contesters who used commercial and military means of communication during "major" contests.
        For these reasons I usually do not submit logs, but I can enjoy participating from time to time.
        I wish that IARU could arrange a competition with same rules as the Ham Spirit Contest.

Comment

•  

Dear Henryk!
          I agree with you on the point that idea of the ham spirit contest is great!
          This Days you know when we have too much politic in the ham radio really we need contest which will not divide people and promote ham spirit.
          Its not matter what kind of the rules they have
          Question is if contest really support ham spirit idea and not dividing people.
          Contest need to be popular and it will be popular if organizers will involve in that process amateurs from different countries.
          I know you do lot to promote Ham Spirit contest.
          We now in quite difficult situation and you see every day lot of people die.
          I think its better to stop all contests for that period of the time and of course worsest scenario is to follow CQ WW CC and Ham Spirit CC and start dividing people on the basis of nationality or beliefs.
          You know only because that position Ham Spirit organizers receive unpleasant answers or ignorance.
          They just kill idea of Ham Spirit same as CQ WW CC kill CQ WW Contest with their policy and many people will avoid to operate in both contests.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
          X