Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

KL7BG - Anchorage - Alaska

Robert Griffin, KL7BG ex AL7KS is active from Anchorage, Alaska.
    He is working on HF Bands.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    When I was 13, my father and I studied theory and code together and both got our ham licenses. This was in central Illinois. Dad was WN9HRI, WA9HRI, and WR9X. Sadly dad is now a silent key. But every time I sit down in my shack, I fondly remember my dad.
    My first call in 1963 was WN9IUL but I quickly upgraded to General and became WA9IUL. In 1970 I moved to King Cove, Alaska, a small Aleut fishing village near the end of the Alaskan Peninsula. Another 30 miles west and I would have been on an Aleutian island. After 3 wonderful (except for the weather) years in King Cove (where I was assigned KL7HFG), I moved to Spokane, WA to get a law degree and then promptly returned to Alaska. I have lived in Anchorage since 1976. Starting a new family and a new profession resulted in a lapsed license. In 1989 I retested and got an Advanced class license, AL7KS, Alpha Lima Seven King Salmon. 6 months later I passed the Extra theory and 20 wpm code tests. About 10 years ago I changed my call to KL7BG. I retired from the law in January 2018.
    My current station consist of an Icom 7300 and a 20 meter dipole. I am gathering materials to put up a beam in the summer of 2022.
    My other hobbies include camping, fishing and hunting.

KL7BG Anchorage, Alaska
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

KL7BG from Anchorage, Alaska on 24969 now.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

KL7BG from Anchorage, Alaska on 14076.6 now FT8.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

KL7BG from Anchorage, Alaska on 21076.6 now FT8.
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
        X