Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

KH6IB - Honolulu

Randy, Randolph Young, KH6IB ex NH6B is active from Honolulu, Oahu Island, IOTA OC - 019, Hawaii.
    He is working on HF Bands.
    QSL via LOTW.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    Aloha! I wish you all GOOD HEALTH

At present all QSL confirmations are via LOTW.

Sorry to say latest BURO cards can not be answered due to my 24/7 caregiver job that I provide for my XYL's stroke paralasis. NO time for ham activity right now.

Due to S9 plus 10db constant noise level at my present QTH I am usually on 20 meter FT8 mode. It is difficult to copy anyone on SSB or CW.

Present rig is a Yeasu FT 857D with 50 watts on FT8 and 100 watts SSB/CW to a 31 ft vertical.

I have a VHF repeater tied to echolink. Please connect to WH6Q-R to chat through my echolink/repeater. If you try to connect to KH6IB-R the echolink audio will distort. Echolink is only connected to the KH6IB-R repeater from 1605 UTC to 0900 UTC. WH6Q-R's echolink is ON 24/7.

Due to my poor location I am not able to reliably get into my own repeater located 2 blocks away. To solve that problem I use a SHARI simplex repeater with a Rasberry Pi interface to access echolink to my repeater. SHARI works great within my house and yard. The SHARI and Rasberry Pi look like two packs of cigarettes and uses very little power

The OLD STATION SETUP was a FT-1000D with a Alpha 78 amplifier. I also ran a Elecraft K3 exciter. The antenna tuner is a Kessler AT-AUTO

OLD STATION ANTENNA'S: Force12 yagi's C4SXL @ 21 meters,C3 @ 14 meters, C3S @ 7 meters and a 80 meter loop (presently down for repair). Two yagis are mounted on the 72 foot tower 30' apart. The fixed center yagi points to Europe. The fixed bottom yagi is on my balcony 30 more feet down points to the US.

Mobile setup is a FT-857, Hi-Q screwdriver antenna.

73's & Aloha!

Randy

KH6IB Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X