X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

OK1YQ - OK1RD - OK7XX - Letter

Dear folks,
    I was alerted ongoing discussion around my score on the 160m band.
    Mainly I am frustrated by questioning of the longest-running DXCC program and the work of the people at the ARRL desk. It is but a matter of those who doubt it.
    I personally spent over 55 years on HF bands and on the TopBand mainly. I was quite respected low bands DXer as wrote me Martti, OH2BH in his observations to the events of August 2016 / see further /. I don't want to bore much but there is a story.
    I had got my the first DXCC 160m award on my call OK1RD with approved score there 326 countries in 2008.
    Since 2009 year I went to EME on 6m and further on 2m band and was occasionally active on 160m band for a "new one" only.
    A few years after when I reached 100 DXCC countries on 2m band I asked for the DXCC award for this band.
    Unfortunately I was not in good relation with that time DXCC award manager NC1L ( SK nw ) and he refused awarding me on 2m DXCC award on call OK1RD.
    The time is running and suddenly Mr. Nigel Cawthorne, G3TXF a avid the DX expeditions man published this article in August 2016.
    He claims in his article that I (OK1RD ) fabricated evidence of C21XF QSL card for the propose to get C21 country confirmed on the160m band.
    It started up an offensive against me with the purpose to destroy my over 55 years activity on the TopBand.
    I have got enormous numbers of messages in which even well known HAMs called me swindler.
    Therefore I started investigation how this case could even happen.
    My standpoints and facts have been already published. But nobody trusted my arguments so I decided to apply for DXCC 160m a new award on my other call OK1YQ to clean up my
    > name.
    Thereby I became among the top of the TopBand DXers again and it triggered a wave of hates and doubts again.
    The ARRL DX desk had no other choice then to initiate an auditing process of the me submitted according to the article 13 of the DXCC rules.
    See below :
    13. DXCC Audit Process: In order to maintain continuing program integrity and for quality control purposes, DXCC routinely conducts audits of credits claimed for DXCC awards. To verify the authenticity of the QSOs claimed, audits may be conducted on claims for QSO credits for current applications, or credits already in a DXCC award account. Audits may include, but are not limited to:
    Checking online logs (preliminary check);
    Contacting DX stations for log extracts;
    Contacting QSL managers for log extracts; and
    Verifying credits submitted via Logbook of the World (LoTW)
    Audits are generally conducted on a random basis. Response to audit requests to DXCC applicants are required. Failure, or refusal, to respond to these requests may result in removal of the credits requested by DXCC and/or removal of the awards pertaining to the audit.
    Events may also lead to disqualification from the DXCC program.
    Costs for postage, by a secure and traceable method to, and from,
    DXCC will be covered by the ARRL Desk.
    Audits that reveal discrepancies may lead to an investigation by the Awards Committee.
    All my 343 QSLs passed through in details this process and I am convinced nobody of you who challenge my score on 160m band had to pass this sort of audit.
    So please stop useless discussion on this unquestionable fact.
    I think there are more important matters concerning our hobby and the TopBand mainly.
    For example I tell you story :
    I met one HAM with call OK7...... who during 10 years of activity on the TopBand reached score on the 160m DXCC standings which-if I remember well- I reached this score after 40 years my activity on this band.
    He sneered at me that I invested during almost 6 decades a lot of money and personal effort and he told that it is much easy to hire a remote QTH site on the other continents and then is quite
    easy to work for e.g. Pacific area than for us in EU .
    This one is destroying our hobby now in the future.
    So I would recommend to those who question the work of the ARRL to turn the attention to this problem.
    Let me wish all of you here a steady health in 2019 and especially for us over 70 mainly.
    73 Jarda, OK1YQ, OK1RD, OK7XX
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X