Buying military radio - Manpack - Base - Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Interesting article on Army Technology nothing really new probably but anyway :

In the years after the Gulf War many, and especially the American military, became increasingly dependent on the GPS constellation to provide positioning, navigation and timing for everything from warships, combat aircraft and guided missiles, to individual soldiers on the ground. But is it still so revolutionary? Dr Gareth Evans reports.

https://www.army-technology.com/feat...blem-with-gps/

To avoid problem with GPS AT Communication supplying AT GNSS unit
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

When you buy radio anyway you need to look whom you trust and what kind of the support you can have in your country and in your area.
      Thats very important.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I find another day that Rohde Swarz is not saling military HF radios.
        Its pitty they have excellent HF radios for military market and many customers like their radios.
        There is anyway new players on the market.
        I will try to publish more information about them.
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

There is information that Codan announce that they starting with new manpack radio Sentry - H 6110MP.

Codan Sentry H 6100MP Manpack Radio

I think its sad news because 2110 was really Great radio and its designed like manpack and with that reason have lot of advantages.
          Its declared that Sentry -H 6110MP will provide 30 watt out and battery life up to 55 hours.
          Its looks for me unreal because 6110MP is just Codan Sentry radio in manpack case and with reduced output power and again Sentry is need lot of current
          According to spec of Sentry Radio its " Rx: 650 mA (backlight min, audio muted);" its too much for manpack radio.
          AT Sentry Radio Specification
          Of course when we talking about battery life all those 3G ALE and modems, DV is reducing battery life dramaticly.
          There is many questions of course like handset quality etc
          Ok let me study it better but again its very sad 2110 radio is obsolete.
          We will see what will happen with commercial market but probably there will Envoy manpack radio.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Its looks we will see new player on military HF and VHF markets.
            I see Hytera already sale number of their HF Systems in different countries and get quite good orders.
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Barrett 4090 Manpack on DSEI 2019 in London

Barrett 4090 Manpack Radio

Information from Barrett Communications:
              The Barrett PRC-4090 is the tactical HF SDR, which is the lightest military grade HF transceiver on the market at only 2.95kg; with multiple battery options offering gross operational weight from 3.95kg to 5.0kg. The PRC-4090 is a multi-configured system offering manpack, mobile and base station configurations with selectable power outputs of 10, 30, 125 and 150 Watts
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I am looking to buy a military radio what is recommended and what are the ways that I could actually use it and could I get it reprogrammed

Comment

•  

Depend for what you looking for
                  You looking for military radio for private use?
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I just see that Barrett start manufacturing their HF Radios (not sure about VHF) in New York, USA.
                    Thats mean now they manufacturing in Australia and in US.
                    That will give them advantage on US market probably but I dont know if US market is big enough to cover all those expenses with manufacturing.
                    That will be interesting to see.
                    On the same time if we look on other companies experience Thales manufacture also in US many years already.
                    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                    X