Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

GI0OXG - Joseph Baker - 14 July 2017

It is with great regret and sadness that I have to inform you that my father Joe (GI0OXG) has passed after a battle lost to an all too familiar disease known as cancer at the age of 72 years. He continued the brave fight until his final day on the 14th of July 2017. All his family had the privilege to be by his bedside as he fell asleep peacefully for the final time but he remained very positive throughout his treatment against this horrible disease and even through there were days he suffered hugely, he still remained head strong and still enjoyed talking on the air until he could no longer gain enough power to maintain a conversation, but still he would sit and enjoy listening while others talked about their daily routines over the air.

My father had been a long time Amateur Radio Operator and enjoyed this great hobby which earned him many new friends from all around the world and even after coming back to radio 4 years ago after a 17 year break he still maintained many friendships with a lot of other radio operators which he had huge respect.

My family and I thought it only fair to put up this small notice on QRZ so that many of his friends would know what happen and maybe worried why he has not been heard on the air for a while. We had also made the decision to keep things private during this sad time and only included very close friends and family making the decision not to have the unfortunate news spread all over social media, as although my father could talk for Ireland which I’m sure many will agree he was still a very private person and this was his own decision which we all respected.

He will be sadly missed by his sons and daughters, his devoted wife and his family circle as well as his friends and we would like to thank the many people within the amateur community that helped him through this uncomfortable period and kept his spirits high and stayed in contact right up until his final journey.

He was carried to his final resting place on the 16th of July 2017, may he rest in peace.

Joe MI0NWA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X