Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

EX0V - Valery Andreev - Mayluu Suu - Kyrgyzstan

Valery V. Andreev, EX0V from Mayluu-Suu, Kyrgyzstan passed away, 19 June 2020.
    Information received from Andrea Bianchi, HB9DUR.
    Another sad day in our HAM radio community. Valery EX0V from Mayli-Say, my XYL's Maralbu Bianchi home town, turned today a SK. Valery was recognized among other disciplines, to be a community-oriented guy into computer technologies, especially during the post USSR time. He did a lot to support the local community to get widespread computer literacy especially among youngster and to keep up-to-date expats.
    He was the only EX0 prefix guy I ever met and I will always remember more than a dozen years ago when Maralbu organised a surprise party with him.
    73 Valery and CUL sometimes and somewhere! I'm honored to have met you on my path.
    73! Andrea

EX0V HB9DUR Kyrgyzstan

EX0V and HB9DUR.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Dear DxNews,

Recently I read in an online forum that EX0V has passed away in June this year. I am saddened to hear this. I attribute a great deal of my knowledge and achievements in this hobby to Val. His call sign used to be UM1N when we first met on air, later it was changed to EX0V. Such was our harmony that, in the early 90s, almost daily I would join the dx net that he ran, felt welcomed and he would encourage me to have contacts with rare dx stations. He helped me send my qsl cards to U and R stations and also sent me cards for AP hams. I consider him as my mentor and coach. I am attaching a letter that I received from him around 1994. He had such a pleasant and friendly disposition. The call signs written at the bottom of the letter are my handwriting, rest is Val's incl his signature.

This is a tribute to a great amateur radio operator whom I never met in person but always held him in high regard and respect.

Best wishes,

Shahid Masud AP2SD
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
    X