Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

W2YE - Richard Maylott - Leesburg - Virginia - USA

Richard W. Maylott, W2YE from Leesburg, Virginia, USA, passed away 23 August 2020.
    Richard was active DXer and Contester.
    Information received from Svetozar Gerashev.
    Information from W2YE qrz page:
    My main interests are DXing and contesting. Since moving to my present QTH in 2000, I have made substantial station improvements and have achieved Honor Roll with three outstanding entities. I have been manager of the ARRL QSL bureau for callsigns in the fourth call area with two letter prefixes since late 1993. My main station consists of an Icom 756 Pro III and a Alpha (ETO) 91B. I have two 70 foot towers, one with a Force 12 C31-XR and a 5 element 6 meter beam, and a second one with a two element 5-band quad. I also have my old original Cushcraft C-3S on a 35 foot TV tower, which was formerly clamped to the side of my old QTH as my main antenna there, and was my first antenna at the new QTH, but now is rarely used. Low band antennas are an inverted L with raised/bent radials for 160, and single quad loops for 80 and 40. For rare trips to the VHF spectrum, I have a Yaesu FT-726R and small bricks for 2 meters and 70 cm. My current call is my late father's call. My first callsign was K(N)2HVS in 1954, and I later got calls W3EZK and W4LMJ as I moved around in my early years. Since retiring, I have become active in a number of local amateur radio clubs. I have been a member of the Sterling Park ARC (sponsor of the QSL Bureau and Virginia QSO Party) since the mid 1980's. I am also a member of the Potomac Valley Radio Club, the Loudoun Amateur Radio Group, QCWA Chapter 91, and the National Capitol DX Association.

W2YE Richard Maylott, Leesburg, Virginia, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X