Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

VE3GT - Lawrence Patrick Thivierge - Renfrew - Canada

Lawrence Patrick Thivierge, VE3GT from Renfrew, Ontario, Canada, passed away 1 January 2021.
    Information from his qrz page:
    I passed my Certificate of Proficiency, Amateur, in 1953 and was issued the call sign VE3BAG. In those days one had to be 16 years of age before you could write your certificate exam and it was necessary to take an oath of secrecy.

Upon joining the Royal Canadian Navy in 1954 and stationed in Fort Churchill, Manitoba I was issued the call sign VE4LP. In early 1955 I was drafted to the HMCS Magnificent in Halifax, Nova Scotia and assigned the call sign VE1XB. During this time I passed my Certificate of Proficiency, Advanced Amateur.

Coming ashore in 1956 I operated VE1NN at the HMC Electrical School at HMCS Stadacona. In 1957, prior to returning to Ontario in 1959, another call sign change took place and VE3CAA was assigned. In 1971 while employed at the Department of Communications I was assigned my present call sign, VE3GT.

Operating Interests
    •Triple mode National Traffic System (NTS) traffic handling, i.e., SSB, CW and digital,
    •DXing,
    •Rag chewing,
    •Packet radio,
    •Logging software, presently Logic9

Memberships
    •American Radio Relay League (ARRL) 47 years,
    •Royal Order of the Wouff Hong.

Past Memberships
    •Fort Churchill Amateur Radio Club,
    •Halifax Amateur Radio Club (HARC),
    •Nova Scotia Amateur Radio Association (NSARA),
    •Quarter Century Wireless Association (QCWA),
    •Canadian Radio Relay League (CRRL),
    •Ottawa Amateur Radio Club (OARC),
    •Ottawa Valley Mobile Radio Club (OVMRC),
    •Champlain Regional Repeater Association (CRRA).
    •Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC),

Accomplishments
    •Longest serving duly elected ARRL/CRRL/RAC Section Manager in Ontario, 1976 – 1999, 19 years,
    •Elected RAC Ontario North director 2000 to 2002,
    •Co-authored the CRRL Traffic Training Manual along with Noreen Nimmons, VE3GOL (SK),
    •Signed the first Memo of Understanding (MOU) between the Ontario Section of the CRRL and the Canadian Red Cross.​

Awards

Various personal operating awards, plaques and certificates including Certificates’ of Merit and Recognition at the Section, Provincial and National levels; operating certificates from Section, Region, Area and Transcontinental Corps (TCC) levels of NTS participation in various appointments. RCC, WAS, WAC, DXCC, WAB, WBC, WAVE, WACAN, USSR/Canada Polar Bridge, Ruben Dario Award, OTC, OOTC, A1 OP, CP-25, BPL, to name just a few.

VE3GT Lawrence Patrick Thivierge, Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X