Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

W4NL - Layfield Lynn Lamb - Maryville - Tennessee

Layfield Lynn Lamb, W4NL from Maryville, Tennessee, USA passed away 10 May 2021.
    Lynn first licensed in 1954 at age 16.
    He was active DXer with 339/371.
    Information from his qrz page:
    Lynn Lamb licensed in 1954 at 16 years as Wn4HZI in Knoxville, TN. Issued calls: W4HZI, K6AAX, K7UMZ, W3BWZ, DL5FP, 8P9GN. My wonderful Elmers were W4RHS(SK) and W3GRF(SK), impacting my life.

Retired from DoD Navy/AF in Washington, DC.

Married Rosie, KA4S (also retired DoD Navy) 63 years ago come June 7, 2020 while in the Air Force, stationed in the Pacific 1950's.

Interests … Volunteer work, leading classes/gatherings in Ham Radio, DXing, Contesting, CW, Digital Modes, QRP, & antennas. Deeper in retirement lately at 82!

Love CW and always will but work Digital a lot. Stroke forced my CW to keyboard (and still learning). Thanks to Joe Taylor and FT-8 along with his team, I'm really enjoying getting on the air more.

With Rosie, KA4S and George, W4UW founded SEDCO W4DXCC, Inc in 2005. As of 2013, Dave Anderson, K4SV is the W4DXCC leader. Dave is keeping the theme/target as "Fellowship in Cotntesting and DXing".

Members of or associated with ETDXA, TCG, & PVRC. Founding member of The National Capitol DX Assciation (NCDXA), Life member of ARRL, CQ, UTARC, & INDEXA

I'm very proud to say that I've been inducted into the CQ DX Hall of Fame in 2010 thanks to many friends, clubs, and CQ Magazine while being blessed to be a Ham Radio Operator for 65+ years. Recently Rosie and I are proud to have been inducted into the University of Tennessee ARC Hall of Fame.

W4NL Layfield Lynn Lamb, Maryville, Tennessee, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X