Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

K7UA - Bryce Anderson - American Fork - Utah - USA

Bryce K. Anderson, K7UA from American Fork, Utah, USA, passed away.
    Information from his qrz page:
    I was first licensed in 1961 at the age of 12 as KN7SAI. My father K7SAJ (SK) and I got our licenses at the same time. A few months later I upgraded to K7SAI. I have held K7UA since 1977. Besides my Amateur Extra Class License, I hold a B.S. in electronic engineering and have held a FCC First Class Radiotelephone Commerical License since 1971. After college I served in the U.S. Army Signal Corps. I retired in 2014 from a 46 year career in information technology.

I am a DXer with 348 countries confirmed (334 current) and a member and past President of the Utah DX Association. Awards include DXCC on nine bands and on Phone/CW/Digital/QRP, DXCC Challenge (2,350), Triple Play WAS, 8 band WAS, 160 M WAS, 6 M VUCC (275), A-1 Operator, WPX, WAZ, etc.

My antennas include a 3 element SteppIR Yagi with the 30/40 M rotatable dipole element and 6 M passive element on a 72 ft (22 m) US Tower crank up, a W9INN 80/160 M inverted vee at 70 ft, and a Pixel magnetic loop receiving antenna. My station equipment consists of two Elecraft transceivers (K3s & K3), both with Elecraft P3 panadapters and two Alpha amplifiers (9500 & 99). I also have a King Conversions Heathkit SB220 mono band amplifier for 6 M.

My QSL shows a picture of Mt. Timpanogos, a prominent peak that is located just a few miles from my home in northern Utah's Wasatch Range. "Timp" reaches an elevation of 11,749 feet (3,582 meters) and towers over 7,000 feet (2,130 meters) above the valley floor below. This mountain gets such heavy winter snow fall that it features Utah's only glacier.

K7UA Bryce Anderson, American Fork, Utah, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X