Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

K4WHL - William Lucado - Davie - Florida - USA

William H Lucado, K4WHL from Davie, Florida, USA, passed away.
    Information from his qrz page:
    I live in Davie Florida. It is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. It has always been known as a western town. Down town the buildings have an old west type theme. In days gone by people would ride their horse into town and tie them up to a hitching post. Still see people riding along the streets today.

I was born and raised in Tazewell County Virginia in 1952. Moved to Fort Lauderdale Florida in 1973.
    I have been a Ham since early March 2014 after taking a class given by DCARC radio club. Started studying for my General right after passing my Technician, passed the General test on March 24 2014 at the GCARA radio club. Passed my Extra class at the BARC on Oct 14 2014. My other hobby is N-sale railroad. I have been working on it for about 9 years. Still got a lot of scenery to work to do. Was getting burned out on model railroading. So decided to start another hobby. Here I am now a Ham. I am enjoying it very much. Meeting a lot of new people that have been very helpful to explain a lot I don't know. I have found that this is a great hobby with a lot of helpful people in it.

I am a member of the Davie/Cooper Amateur Radio Club, Broward Amateur Radio Club, South East Florida Traffic Net and ARES/RACES. I am also a VE. I love to help get new hams license, especially young hams.

K4WHL William Lucado, Davie, Florida, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X