Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

M0JXM - Dennis Easterling - Biggleswade - England

Dennis Easterling, M0JXM from Biggleswade, England, passed away 12 August 2021.
    He was 93.
    He was active Radio Amateur.
    Information from QRZ page:
    My name is Dennis Easterling. I live in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. England UK. Locator IO92UC, about 40 miles/60km North of London.

I operate SSB, CW and PSK31 at TX power of about 40 watts depending on the band. Having a small garden, 10 x 10metres, my antenna opportunities are limited and as follows:-

Main antenna 'T'/Unmbrella with 20m top extending between the houses to the front garden Height 9m centre dropping to 7m at ends, with the feeder arranged to act as a 40m dipole or shorted to act as a vertical. With suitable loading coils, the 'T' is used on 630m, 160m and 80m bands. A 3 band co-linear mounted 8m from the house roof covers 6m, 2m and 70cm, although I mainly use 2m FM.

Rigs are a HF/Yaesu FT-450D and VHF/Wouxun KG-UV950P with various home brew units. For RX on MF and 160m I use a PA0RDT homebrew miniwhip on a 9m pole or a Wellbrook loop. I have also been involved with VLF reception using the mini whip.

My career was in radio and electronics, and I was a regular shortwave listener and home brew enthusiast, and have been licensed since 2005.

M0JXM Dennis Easterling, Biggleswade, England
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X