Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

W0LBK - Ario Meyer - Cedar Rapids - Iowa - USA

Ario W. Meyer, W0LBK from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA passed away 16 October 2021.
    He was 95.
    Information from his qrz page:
    Hi All,

A little info about me follows:

I Was first licensed about 1950 or '51. Can't remember. Retired from Collins/Rockwell in 1986 as a Program Manager. Before that was a mechanical design engineer. I do have a private pilots license but haven't flown in years. I joined the Sports Club of America (SCCA) in 1962 and started racing Triumph TR-4s a couple of years later. After driving the Triumphs I went into the Officials program and was a National Chief Steward for about 25 years. We bought our first Motorhome in 1970 and after owning 8 of them over a 33 year period, the XYL (K0TOF) said enough traveling.... In the last Motor Home we had an IC706 MK IIG with the SGC 500 Watt amplifier. A great way to go mobile! RV's and Ham Radio go very well together. Give it a try. Two RV nets are: FMCA Amateur Radio Chapter on 14263 at 1900Z Monday thru Friday and the RV Radio Network on 7253 at 1900 Central time every day. My present home station is an IC-746Pro, IC-2KL a 3 element SteppIR antenna and a Butternut HF6V-X vertical. I Like to work DX and, of course, rag chew. Woodworking is another enjoyable hobby. As of January 7,2008, I will have been retired for 22 years and have enjoyed every minute.....

W0LBK Ario Meyer, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X