Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

KH6DV - Ronald Ellis - Kaneohe - Oahu Island - Hawaii

Ronald D Ellis, KH6DV from Kaneohe, Oahu Island, Hawaii passed away.
    Information from his qrz page:
    First licensed in mid-year 1959 as WV6EPA in Burbank, California as a Junior High School student. I wasn't very active in High School where my attention was more on girls, cars, football and surfing. My High School girlfriend thought the ham club members were nothing but nerds - and they were. So I told her it was easier to get a new girlfriend than a new hobby. After High School I Attended UCLA where I was active in the UCLA Radio club. The girls at UCLA thought all science majors were nerds so it wasn't a problem. After UCLA I grew tired of Southern California and decided to transfer to UC-Davis where I was also active in the radio club. My favorite activities have always been DX'ing and contesting. I meet my wife at the UC-Davis ham club and this September (2018) we will celebrate 47 years of marriage.
    Part of the team at W7RM MM that won CQWWDX, the first and only time a West Coast station beat the big East Coast stations.
    My station in Davis, CA held the SS-PHONE Low Power record for years with K7SS (K7JCA/6) as operator.
    I (KH6DV) presently hold the ARRL SS-PHONE Unlimited Low Power record for the Pacific Section (Hawaii Nevada and Northern California)
    Other callsigns held: WA6GMR, WA6HAF, KG6DV, KG6DV/KH7 (Kure island), KG6DV/KH6.
    We moved to Oahu in March 1988 and operated as KG6DV/KH6, I received my present callsign in early 1999. XYL Caroline is NH6PR.
    We live on the Windward side of the island next to the shoreline of Kaneohe Bay.

KH6DV Ronald Ellis, Kaneohe, Oahu Island, Hawaii
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X