Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

SX50AHH - Nikea - Greece

Pol Polydoros Stavropoulos, SV1AHH will be active with special call SX50AHH from Nikea, Greece, 10 - 24 April 2023, commemorating 50 years anniversary of SV1AHH Amateur Radio Activity.
    He and his friends will operate using this call on HF Bands.
    QSL via LOTW, ClubLog, eQSL, QRZ com Log Book.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    SX50AHH - 50 Years Anniversary on air of SV1AHH

SV1AHH (Polydoros Stavropoulos) celebrates the 50 years on air.

The special call sign SX50AHH operated at the SV1AHH, SV1JFL, SV1QVA, SV1QA, SV1GGF shacks for 15 days from Monday 10 April through Monday 24 April 2023 celebrates the anniversary of 50th years on air of SV1AHH.

Operations will be on 10m, 12, 15m, 17, 20m, 30 and 40m with modes CW, SSB and FT8.

A special QSL card has been designed and will issue to stations working SX50AHH during this event via e-QSL and Hamlog.online.

All Contacts will be uploaded to eQSL, Hamlog.online, QRZCQ, QRZ, Clublog και LotW.

SX50AHH Special call sign celebration of SV1AHH for marking 50 years on air

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all the fellow radio amateurs from every place of the planet who gave me the opportunity to have QSO with them.

This month (April 2023) I celebrate my 65th birthday and my 50th years on the air as a radio amateur. From the first years of primary school, my great love for radio broadcasting was evident. Then, my inseparable friend was a small Philips radio. It later grew to become a worldwide receiver of the same company. In 1973 at the age of 15 was achieved the first transistor transmitter from a kit. Ιt was my first successful attempt at medium waves. This gave me the first strong motivation for the further development of constructions. A tube 6L6 self-oscillator with mains rectification (and Simon badge) was taken in series. The exit with our well-known 807 followed soon after. It didn't take long for the 811, 813, 4100 to be placed on a chassis. At the age of 20 (1978) came the FM band with PL 509, 6146 lamps and as 1010 badge. In 1986 I tried the Citizen Band with call sign CB-4461. 1987 I was appointed ambassador for Greece of the CB Lebanese DX's Group “PAPA WHISKY” with call sign 18PW307. This year I also received my Class C radio amateur license with call sign SV1AHH. In 1982 I received a radio amateur license B category.

For 5 years I was also an RF technician in large municipal and private radio stations to FM radio broadcasting.

The tally today closing 50 years on the air from the first days on the air and as a radio amateur in my station diary more than 32,000 contacts have been recorded.

Special thanks for participating in our SX50AHH broadcasts to my colleagues:

George Petrakis SV1GGF,

Stavros Panagiotopoulos SV1JFL,

Giorgos Tsirakis SV1QVA.

73 de SV1AHH

SX50AHH Nikea, Greece
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

SX50AHH from Nikea, Greece on 21050 now.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

SX50AHH from Nikea, Greece on 18100.6 now FT8.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X