Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

GB6CRA - Christian Radio Amateurs

The World Association of Christian Radio Amateurs & Listeners (WACRAL) celebrates its sixtieth anniversary during 2017. Members who hold a full licence can apply to host the special callsign GB6CRA (Christian Radio Amateurs) for a period of up to one month. I am honoured and pleased to announce that my application was successful.
    I will be operating GB6CRA from my home station, from Wednesday 21 June to Tuesday 18 July inclusive.
    I aim to make at least one QSO every day, although some sessions will doubtlessly last longer than others!
    I will be QRV in the evenings after work on 80, 60, and 40m SSB. At weekends I will take advantage of all and any HF bands that are open! I will also appear periodically on 2m (all modes) for local contacts along the West Sussex coastal strip.
    I will operate close to WACRAL centres of activity +/- QRM, so 3.747, 5.363 (which falls in the UK and the European WARC-15 allocations), 7.147, 14.347, 18.147, 21.347, 24.947, 28.747, and 50.247MHz. For 4 meters, I will operate SSB between 70.150 and 70.180MHz to coincide with the temporary German allocation on these frequencies.
    I plan to run a WSPR beacon on a mixture of 20m and 30m throughout, and will transmit APRS on 144.800MHz to the local i-Gate / digipeater whenever I'm on the air.
    If I can work out how to do it properly in time, I hope also to be QRV occasionally via the FM satellites.
    My goal is to make at least one contact on every band that exists between 160 meters and 70 centimeters. I do not have an efficient antenna for 160 meters and I have not yet mastered CW or data modes (other than WSPR.) So for the purposes of 160m and 30m, I will deem a "contact" to be a reception report on WSPR.
    QSL via Steve G0JFM.
    Information from Edmund Spicer M0MNG.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Edmund M0MNG outlines his plans for hosting and operating GB6CRA from his home station. This video includes a rundown of the low-cost, low-tech, mainly wire antennas in use.

73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
    X