• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

80th Liberation of Rome Award - II0LOR - I0HV

Award: “80th Liberation of Rome”
    Sect. “Colli Albani”
    IQØHV – cod 0013
    On 4th and 5th June 1944, American troops under General Mark Wayne Clark managed to overcome the last defensive lines of the German army and entered Rome without encountering resistance and receiving an enthusiastic welcome from the Roman population.
    On the occasion of the eightieth anniversary of this important event, the historic network "Freedom for Italy" is organizing a two-day International Conference for the Liberation of Rome from 31 May 2024 in the Anzio/Nettuno area, where the famous landing of allied troops took place.
    Representatives of the governments of most of the Allied powers present in Italy during the period 1943-1945 will take part in the conference.
    The ARI (Italian Radioamateur Association) “Colli Albani” Section establishes on this occasion the "Liberation of Rome, 80th anniversary" Award. For the occasion, a Special Commemorative Short Wave Radio Station will be activated on the event site.
    REGULATION
    SCOPE
    Each participating radio station must make as many contact as possible with:
    - The special memorial station IIØLOR;
    - ARI “Colli Albani” Club station IØHV;
    - Any station operated by members of the ARI “Colli Albani” Club.
    PERIOD OF ACTIVITY
    From 00.01 UTC on May 31th 2024 to 23.59 UTC on June 30th 2024;
    PARTICIPANTS
    The award is open to all Radio Amateurs of the world.
    BANDS
    Hf bands allowed for Radio Amateur Service.
    MODE OF EMISSION
    CW, SSB and digital modes.
    CALL
    SSB: “CQ 80th liberation of Rome”;
    CW: “CQ lib rm”;
    Digital mode: “CQ 80th liberation of Rome”.
    REPORTS
    Only the RS(T) code will need to be passed.
    RESTRICTIONS
    Each station previously mentioned can be contacted only once on the same day using same band and same emission mode. Multiple QSOs with the same station are possible on the same day by varying the band or emission mode.
    QSO’s made few times with same station on the same day, same band or mode of emission will be considered "double" and their score will be set equal to zero.
    SCORE
    Total score to be achieved to obtain the Award is: 45 points for italian stations;
    30 points for european stations;
    20 punti for extraeuropean stations.
    The score of each QSO will be calculated according
    to the following table:
    - Radio contact with Jolly radio station IIØLOR: 3 points;
    - Radio contact with ARI “Colli Albani “ Club station IØHV : 2 points;
    - Radio contact with ARI “Colli Albani “ Club Members: 1 point.
    LOGs
    Participants are not required to send any logs. Scores will be calculated based on the logs kept by the activated stations during the time of activation.
    TOTAL SCORE
    The total score will be calculated by adding the value of the points concerning the total of individual QSOs made.
    PARTICIPATING CATEGORIES
    A single participation category is defined on the individual total score achieved.
    AWARDS/QSL
    The Award will be free available only in electronic format. Radio amateurs who have achieved the score reported previously can get it under specific their request addressed to Award Manager (aricollialbani@gmail.com).
    A special commemorative QSL will be sent to each Radioamateur who has connected at least one of the station as indicated above.
    Award Manager IØKNQ
    aricollialbani@gmail.com

II0LOR I0HV Rome Award
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

II0LOR QSL Card. Received from Paul, I0KNQ.

II0LOR QSL Card​​​​​​​
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

II0LOR will be active 1 - 30 June 2024.
      73s Paul, I0KNQ.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X