Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Amateur Radio activity banned in Ukraine

Starting 24 February 2022 Amateur Radio activity in Ukraine banned for 30 days.
    Club and individual ham radio station will be not able to use their radios in that period or even extended time.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Please be informed that due to the imposition of martial law, the use of amateur radio stations is prohibited for 30 days. (Decree of the President of Ukraine № 63/2022 of February 23, 2022)

The LRU Executive Committee is working out and agreeing on the possibility of exchanging operational information. Radio frequencies will be reported additionally.

or messages, please use the e-mail address uarlinfo@ukr.net, lru-25@ukr.net

We will win!

Glory to Ukraine!

Executive Committee of the LRU
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

It is incredible what happens in my neighbor country Ukraine. The Russian aggression in the middle of Europe is a shame, and a criminal act!
      Maybe is nothing from my part, but from today:
      1. Not any PstRotator license will be accepted for the Russians guys (or coming from any other country which sustains this crime).
      2. All the licenses requested by the Ukrainian hams will be for free. I hope they will be QRV soon, and not with Russian callsigns.
      Romania is prepared to receive the refugees from Ukraine, and right now a lot cross the border.
      Please support the Ukraine, even if it's just a word of encouragement.
      Thank you!

Codrut - YO3DMU
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Help Ukraine
        Today Fab Se (HB9HIL) and Seven Al Wismer (HB9DXB) went shopping with the donations received.
        The list included much-needed hygiene items, toiletries, diapers, fuel, etc.
        Thanks to an extra donation from a random customer at the cash register, we were able to add a small power generator.

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 1

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 2

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 3

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 4

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 5
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Help Ukraine HB9HIL HB9DXB Part 2

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 6

HB9HIL HB9DXB Help Ukraine 2 March 2022 Image 7
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

A message from the operators of the DX Summit

A state of emergency was declared in Ukraine just prior to the Russian military invasion. Among other things, the February 24 decree from President Volodymyr Zelensky will remain in effect for at least 30 days and may be extended. The state of emergency includes “a ban of amateur radio transmissions”.

As per Ukrainian presidential office request, we will be removing the Ukrainian call signs from the DX Summit.

DX Summit wants to avoid being an advertising medium for war and war related messages of any kind. As a result, we see it reasonable to block out all cluster posted messages related to this unfortunate event.

In addition, as of this moment, we are also blocking call signs and messages posted by hams from the invading countries and regions such as Russia, Belarus and Donetsk (D1).
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

QRZ com has apparently removed support for Russian call signs from its database.
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I think QRZ com take wrong decision What is next to remove Russia from the maps.
                Ham Radio dont need to be involved in politic.
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Dear QRZ COM,

With full support of heroes of Ukraine defending own country I would like to say that I fully disagree with this decision.

World of Ham Radio always been above politics. Ham radio was best example of Good Will. Let's keep it wise.

You are trying to punish Ham nation and decide which nation is good or bad. Very sad.

Please consider my opinion and make right decision.

73, Nodir EY8MM
                  Vice-president Tajik Amateur Radio League
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Why We Blocked Russian Call Signs

Two groups of people will read this. One will implicitly understand and the other will be confused. This message is for those who are confused.

After WWII, the world took a deep introspective look into the horrors that transpired, and collectively we all agreed that "This must never happen again", and yet here we are again. Genocide is taking place in the 21st century and this time, we have video. No KGB-style cover story can smooth this one over. I can think of no other army in history that drove into battle with mobile crematoria so that the dead could be quickly disposed of and forgotten. Their aim is to incinerate any "problems" which range from women and children of the enemy to their own unwilling conscripts. It's nightmare food. It's KGB SOP.

The average Russian, good people that they are, love their country and they may as well, because they literally are ordered to. Putin, who was a career KGB officer, never stopped believing in the cold war tactics that he grew up with. He's confident that by carefully manipulating the media, radio, TV, and by crushing protests dead in their tracks that they can pull off the big heist with no one the wiser. What their government must hide is unmitigated genocide that no human being could tolerate.

Putin is quite simply the most hated man in the world. He has threatened all of us with nuclear destruction. He's hoping that peace-loving people like us will "wish" this problem away and in a few weeks or months, he'll have his prize. Wait a minute. We're being threatened by nuclear weapons and our strategy is to hope it gets better, or to wait and see? Meanwhile, bombs are still falling and civilians are being crushed by falling buildings. Yeah, I hope that stops real soon. My hope must feel so good to them.

So what can we do? I'm not willing to do nothing. A GoFundMe isn't going to fix this. Sending money isn't really helpful at the moment.

What we can do is join with the rest of the civilized world in cutting Russia off from it. Putin may be strong, but he can't hold back his own people, who eventually, after years of suffering in a post-Ukraine world, will certainly have his head. Nobody will be safe until Putin is gone and everybody needs to pitch in to make it happen. That means inconvenience. Yep, we can't just sit here, chase DX and drink beers while someone else works it out. We must unite to destroy this man and anything that we can do to make the Russian people more uncomfortable furthers that goal. Right now, there are a bunch of people who think that everything is okay and that Putin is a hero, fighting for the motherland. They need to be disabused of that notion quickly, and we can help with that.

So that's my reasoning. This "rise above politic" creed of the amateur applies only in peacetime. This ain't peacetime. AA7BQ Fred
                    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                    X