Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

BOG RX System - VE6WZ

Today I finally finished my 2 part YouTube video series that describes my new BOG rx system and the feed point amplifiers I built to work with them.

This is my second winter season using this RX system of single wires, numerous broadside phased pairs, and a BSEF 4 element array.

Part 1 shows how I installed these short 300'-400’ wires in the field to keep them slightly elevated above the ground.
    I describe how I feed them with a unique trans-impedance amplifier and talk about how they perform compared to my elevated 1,000’ conventional Beverages.
    This summer I flew my drone out to 1 km and measured the pattern to compare to modelling. I used both a 160m and MW (1.2 MHz) signal source.
    The short summary is these antennas have exceeded my expectations. By a lot. Quite simply I was surprised.

Part 2 shows detail of the feed point amplifier and provides construction detail as well as links to order your own PCBs if you want to build some yourself.
    This amplifier is a modification of a design by John W1FV and is what I have been using for 3 years in my 9 circle RX array.
    It uses a high performance RF amp and has been designed for low noise and high dynamic range.
    I also include PCB gerber links an talk about the board design that will work as direct drop in for a HI-Z array.

73, de Steve VE6WZ
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X