Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

KL7RA - Strongly oppose CQ decision

The North Pole Contest Group - KL7RA - strongly opposes CQ’s decision to prevent Russian stations from participating in CQ contests. If this policy stands, we will opt to skip CQ-sponsored contests… all of them.
    First, let us state that NPCG vehemently objects to Russian aggression in the Ukraine and that we support sanctions against the Russian government as a way to both express our objection and to pressure Russia to leave the Ukraine immediately. That said, we believe that amateur radio, and contesting as an activity, is an extremely poor forum in which to make political statements, no matter how egregious the issue.
    CQ’s decision does several objectionable things. First, it penalizes innocent people. Russian operators are not making the decisions about the Ukraine invasion. It also penalizes hams in all other countries because we are denied the opportunity to work any of the thousands of Russian stations that would otherwise be in the contest. The argument that the decision affects all operators equally is specious. Any penalty to any participating station is not justified in this case. Even if the intent is to encourage Russian amateurs to pressure their government to change course, Amateur Radio is not the proper forum for this, nor is CQ Magazine the proper entity to do so.
    Second, it injects world politics into a forum that has traditionally been apolitical. Amateur radio has been apolitical for its entire existence. As operators, we have a tradition of participating with amateurs in all countries regardless of the geopolitical landscape. Various countries (the United States included) have had Banned Country lists, but these bans were by regulation rather than conscience. In fact, we have embraced the idea that amateur radio is a bridge between people in times of tension. We all worked Soviet hams through the cold war.
    Third, by participation in the contest, we as a group and as individual members of our team are giving tacit approval to a policy that is diametrically opposed to the spirit of amateur radio. This opens the door to so many other questionable policies that it makes contesting as a sport difficult to justify. By the logic that allows this ban, a contest sponsor could create a “Red State” contest or a “Blue State” contest. This is clearly unacceptable.
    NPCG is committed to participating in WPX, but only if this change is rescinded. If the contest goes on with this change in place, we will not participate, and we will not participate in any CQ-sponsored contests.

KL7RA North Pole Contest Group, Alaska
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

I enjoyed QRP on 10 m in CQ WW Contests.
    Pictures of my antenna farm is on my page : www.qrz.com --> VR2ZQZ
    My results:

CQ WW 2022 Claimed SSB World

QRP 10 Meters
    VR2T.............271,480 (VR2ZQZ)
    4I1EBC....(C)......75,488
    A61FJ.............32,520

CQ WW 2022 Claimed CW World

QRP 10 Meters
    VR2T..............77,922 (VR2ZQZ)
    EA5Y..............16,932
    DG3T...............4,130 (DF5RF)

I am a potential World Winner in 2022 CQ WPX SSB and CW in 10 m QRP but I will not operate CQ WW Contests because CQ went POLITICAL and betrayed HAM RADIO SPIRIT.
    Do not entertain CQ WW if you believe in HAM Radio !

73 Igor
    Vr2ZqZ

Comment

•  

KL7RA Team will be active from Nikiski, Alaska in CQ WW DX SSB Contest, 29 - 30 October 2022.
      They will operate in Multi - Multi Category.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

т.е. все эти "ля-ля" от KL7RA была полная туфта ? Ну, как обычно, вообщем ))

Comment

•  

They say the third try is a charm. I'm booked to join the group at station KL7RA for the CW ARRL International DX Contest next month.
          Two previous plans for Alaska had to be cancelled due to technicalities.
          Dave, WJ2O.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

KL7RA will be active from Alaska in CQ WW WPX SSB Contest, 25 - 26 March 2023.
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

KL7RA will be active from Alaska in CQ WW DX SSB Contest, 28 - 29 October 2023.
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
              X