• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Hawaii QSO Party 2017

Hawai‘i QSO Party Rules

Purpose
    Promote contacts between as many Hawai‘i and non-Hawai`i stations as possible.

Rules 1. The contest 48 hour operating period will be from 04:00 UTC Aug 26 to 04:00 UTC Aug 28, 2017.
    2. Stations may be worked only on the 10, 15, 20, 40, 80 and 160 meter bands.
    3. Stations may be worked once per band-mode (CW, SSB, digital). All digital modes are allowed but are considered "digital".
    4. Mulitple contacts with the same station using different types of digital modes on the same band are not allowed.
    5. Use of spotting websites is permitted and encouraged.
    6. Operation must conform to home country regulations.
    7. Logs should be submitted electronically by September 30, 2017.
    Exchanges Hawai‘i stations: RS/T plus Hawai‘i Multiplier in the table below.

Hawai‘i Multiplier County Hawai‘i Multiplier County
    HIL, KON, KOH or VOL Hawai‘i County (Big Island) KAU or NII Kaua‘i County
    HON, WHN, LHN or PRL Honolulu County (O‘ahu Island) MAU, MOL or LAN Maui County
    KAL Kalawao County (located on the island of Moloka‘i)

Other US and Canadian stations: RS/T plus State, DC or Province/Territory; DX stations: RS/T only.
    All stations call CQ Hawai`i QSO Party on phone; CQ HQP on CW and in digital modes
    Categories
    S/O QRP Single Operator QRP, limited to 5 watts or less on all modes
    S/O LP Single Operator Low Power, limited to 100 watts or less on all modes
    S/O HP Single Operator High Power, limited to the lesser of 1500 watts or the home country legal limit.
    M/S LP Multi-Single Low Power, more than one operator sharing ONE station limited to 100 watts maximum on all modes. An operator must operate for at least 10 minutes before any other operator can make a contact.
    M/S HP Multi-Single High Power, Same as above, but power can up to 1500W or home country legal limit.
    M/M LP Multi-multi Low Power, Same as M/S LP except without the limitation of only one station.
    M/M HP Multi-multi High Power, Same as M/S HP except without the limitation of only one station.

Contacts
    Non-Hawai‘i Stations: Work Hawai‘i stations. Hawai‘i Stations: Work any station.
    Each station can be worked three times per band using each mode - SSB, CW and Digital.

QSO Points

SSB - 2 Points

CW 3- Points

Digital 3- Points

Contest Multipliers

Non-Hawai`i Stations
    Multipliers are awarded for working each Hawai‘i Multiplier on each band, regardless
    of mode. The maximum possible is 84 (6 Bands × 14 Hawai‘i Multipliers = 84).

Hawai`i Stations
    Multipliers are awarded for the 14 Hawai`i Hawai‘i Multipliers, each US State, DC, each
    Canadian Province/Territory, and DXCC entities, only once, regardless of band or mode.
    Click here for a complete list of US, Canadian and Hawai`i multiplier abbreviations.

Final Score A station's Final Score is the total points multiplied by the Contest Multipliers earned.
    Awards
    All entrants will be able to print out a Certificate of Achievement.
    In addition, a special award will be given to the entrant both inside and outside of HI with the most CW QSOs, the most SSB QSOs, the most digital QSOs.

Suggested Frequencies
    CW CW on 1815 and 40 kHz up from the bottom band edge.
    Phone Phone on 1845, 3850, 7230, 14250, 21300, 28450.
    Digital Modes Follow the ARRL Band Plan.

Software
    The contest is supported by the free N1MM contesting log program and others..

Log
    Submission
    Logs should be uploaded using the contest submission form at: HQP Log Upload Form.

Cabrillo 3.0 format is preferred, but any reasonable text format with QSO exchange information is acceptable. Log submissions must arrive prior to October 1st, 2017 to be considered for awards.

Hawaii QSO Party 2017

73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X