Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

How K1AR Killing CQWW CONTEST

That's why, there's no point in participate CQWW CONTEST as long as K1AR is the director:
    Many people have read my previous post about CQWW CONTEST RESULTS 2023 and K1AR.
    https://dxnews.com/forum/forum/conte...-cqww-and-k1ar
    After that post, a few more changes have been made on the CQWW website for 1st place in NON Assisted on 28 MHz. but again new changes.

Normal it is difficult to understand how K1AR can change the Contest results on the website 4 times after first publication. There is no explanation for this, as it means that CQWW judging depends on the subjective opinion of K1AR and that changes, depending on who calls him and who influences him.
    Until March 6 this year, on the CQWW website on FINAL SCORES SSB 2023 and Results article, the 1st place in NON ASSISTED was again 4L8A. VR2XAN was moved to ASSISTED, in 10th place.
    This morning VR2XAN is removed to NON ASSISTED. Now we have a funny story on the CQWW FINAL SCORES SSB, VR2XAN is in first place in NON ASSISTED, and in RESULTS ARTICLE - 4L8A.
    I have nothing against VR2XAN, he fooled the K1AR pretty good, but I do not understand why K1AR changed his mind 4 times? What trust can be this unscrupulous person in the future?
    I think as long as K1AR is the director of CQWW CONTEST there is no point in participating in CQWW CONTEST as there is NO GUARANTEE that your results will be protected and the end result will NOT depend on who influences K1AR more.
    In order to save the REPUTATION of CQWW CONTEST, which I love dearly, I propose that K1AR voluntarily step down as Director of CQWW CONTEST and never hold that position again.
    My self, I will never participate in CQWW again as long as K1AR is CQWW CONTEST director and I suggest that anyone who wants to save the reputations of CQWW CONTEST do the same.

K1AR Killing CQ WW DX Contest
  •  

I get asked a question about this situation and many people don't understand what happened.
    The official results were published and there on the 1st place in the category SOSB 10m Non Assisted VR2XAN and on the second place 4L8A.
    After that CQ WW Contest director K1AR received a letter from VR2ZQZ saying that IV3TAN/VR2XAN is a cheater and should be moved to Assisted category.
    K1AR, despite the fact that the official results had already been published, moved VR2XAN to the Assisted category and changed the official results.
    Accordingly, K1AR recognized that IV3TAN is a cheater.
    After this event, VR2XAN/IV3TAN contacted K1AR and provided him with his information after which K1AR reclassified VR2XAN as Non Assisted, meaning he decided that his previous decision was wrong.
    However, some time passed and the results changed again and again VR2XAN was moved to Assisted again.
    After another appeal by VR2XAN, it was brought back to #1 in the Non Assisted category.
    What opinion should the competitors have after such constant reshuffling of results?
    K1AR can't decide whether he considers VR2XAN a cheater or an honest contester?
    What about 4L8A whose result changes every day?.
    If K1AR can't decide for himself he has a contest committee and he can ask their opinion, but he doesn't do it.
    Does anyone think this is not stupid but smart?
    My opinion is that by his actions and not only these actions, I know of others, he has dealt a very serious blow to the reputation of CQ WW CC as well as to the reputation of the participants and humiliated them by his actions.
    It would be manly to take responsibility somehow.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I completely agree with you.

CQWWCW 2023

Here is my case. When the RAW score was published, I was placed first in the SO Low 40m category. After some time I see that 4L2M is placed in first place. It was not clear to me, so I asked the competition director a question.
      Here's the conversation:

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 11:01AM CQ WW Contact Form <noreply@cqww.com> wrote:
      Name: Mirko Sevic
      Email: yu7ww@neobee.net
      Callsign: YU7WW
      Subject: Report an error in the results
      Message: According to the published RAW score, I was in first place in the "Single-Op Low 40 Meters" category. After I don't know how many days I've been staring at the RAW score and I see that 4L2M is in first place. I assume that the reported results are processed by software, so this procedure is not clear to me. I object and ask for an explanation.
      Mirko Sevic - YU7WW (52 years in CQWW).

And the answer:
      Hi Mirko,

The raw scores tables are frequently updated as final logs arrive near the deadline. The 4L2M log arrived after we posted the first raw score listing and was later updated. That's why you saw the change.

73, John, K1AR

My question is, what is the point of publishing the RAW score if not all the LOGs are in it. I don't need to say that RAW is published after the dead line and I hope they don't transfer the data by truck.

73, Mirko YU7WW

Comment

•  

Actually, VR2XAN is listed in both Single Operator High Power 28 MHz and Single Operator Assisted High Power 28 MHz - status on March 8, 2024.
        https://cqww.com/results/2023_cq_ww_dx_ssb_results.pdf

Comment

•  

Hi Henryk!
          Yes you right Alberto, VR2XAN is in both Assisted and Non Assisted Categories in SSB Contest :-) in CW there is no article yet but he is only in Assisted Category in results.
          What can I say genius action to undermine a reputation.
          And these are not the only mistakes.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Originally posted by YU7WW View Post
            I completely agree with you.

CQWWCW 2023

Here is my case. When the RAW score was published, I was placed first in the SO Low 40m category. After some time I see that 4L2M is placed in first place. It was not clear to me, so I asked the competition director a question.
            Here's the conversation:

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 11:01AM CQ WW Contact Form <noreply@cqww.com> wrote:
            Name: Mirko Sevic
            Email: yu7ww@neobee.net
            Callsign: YU7WW
            Subject: Report an error in the results
            Message: According to the published RAW score, I was in first place in the "Single-Op Low 40 Meters" category. After I don't know how many days I've been staring at the RAW score and I see that 4L2M is in first place. I assume that the reported results are processed by software, so this procedure is not clear to me. I object and ask for an explanation.
            Mirko Sevic - YU7WW (52 years in CQWW).

And the answer:
            Hi Mirko,

The raw scores tables are frequently updated as final logs arrive near the deadline. The 4L2M log arrived after we posted the first raw score listing and was later updated. That's why you saw the change.

73, John, K1AR

My question is, what is the point of publishing the RAW score if not all the LOGs are in it. I don't need to say that RAW is published after the dead line and I hope they don't transfer the data by truck.

73, Mirko YU7WW

Dear Mirko!
            I can say to that, CQ WW CC wants everyone to abide by the rules they set ALL the time, but that doesn't apply to themselves.
            Most of the contest community doesn't know that you can get a DQ instead of a DQ for outright cheating minus 10% of the score and there are many other internal items that only apply to CQ WW members and those close to them.
            Despite the fact that this has been in place for years the latest decisions and judging of CQ WW Contests does not stand up to any criticism, but looks like pure self-rule, and CQ WW CC members just become accomplices of K1AR's sole decisions.
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

I see AA4GA message in FaceBook ads to 4L8A:
              <Yes, I read your complaint on your personal forum, including K1AR's comments - he DID NOT insult you.
              But, I really don't care. You are simply a whiner. Get over it. It's only a contest. I've had what I consider unfair score reductions, etc. in the past, but I don't get on a public forum and cry about it. I haven't read CQWW rules in a while, but most contests (and I believe this includes CQWW) contain verbiage in the rules that the sponsor/committee have the final say and that entrants agree to be bound by their decision.
              Grow up.>
              and I decide to answer:
              Lee, I don't understand what you're saying.
              What are you trying to explain?
              You're suggesting that 4L8A read the competition rules.
              You yourself have not read the regulations and you are not going to.
              My question to you is, has K1AR read the competition rules?
              If he did, how many points of the competition did he violate by his decisions?
              Your public correspondence with 4L8A has one big advantage, the more you write, the more violations of K1AR competition rules are revealed.
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
              X