X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

22ed Stew Perry Top Band Challenge

Greetings Men, Women and Others,
    The Boring Amateur Radio Club is stoked to produce the 22ed running of The Stew Perry Top Band DX Challenge. This is a 24 hour, 160M CW contest being held this year starting at 1500Z December 30 and ending 24 hours later. More than enough time to work everyone possible then ring in the New Year. The rules pertaining to The Stew live at http://www.kkn.net/stew/

Read the rules not only for their content but appreciate some of the original tenants found there in a Radio Frequency contest.
    The Club also provides a framework so that certain acts of Radio Contesting can be recognized. An entity can sponsor most any category for the participants to compete for with the winner receiving a unique plaque.
    These categories can not be salacious in any way, as determined by the Boring Amateur Radio Club Committee on Perviness. Listed below are the plaques already being offered for the 2017 Edition of The Stew along with their fearless sponsors.

KL7RA Top # QSOs, S/O
    EI2CN W/K/N/VE/XE station with most Qs with EI/British Isles
    W2GD Team- Top # Qs, NA/SA by a EU station
    N9TF Top # Grid Squares, QRP,S/O,NA with non-resonant antenna
    < 40' above the ground
    WQ4RP Top Score Multi-Op, QRP, World

K2AV "Master of the Small Lot" Top score from property
    containing all
    antennas < 1/4 acre or 1,012 Meters Sq, or 10,890 feet sq.
    N9TF Top Score US/SOLP, multiband vertical-no trap/load or
    resonator-
    tuner at Rig only
    W9XR "W3GH Memorial" Top Score FN Grid Block
    VK6VZ Top Score-Northern Hemisphere Station working Southern
    Hemisphere Stations- Winner receives Flying Doctors of
    VK baseball hat.

You can join these Radio Donor Stalwarts. The cost of sponsorship is
    $65 per plaque. . Contact me regarding your proposed category and for further details. If you've already contacted me about sponsorship and you're not on this notice, let me know promptly.
    If anyone has an address for R9HAG, please let me know what it is. He has a plaque awaiting him but I can find no physical address for him. I can't take the plaque with me everywhere I go anticipating that I'll run into him somewhere and give it to him.
    You have over 5 1/2 weeks to get your 160M station in top shape for The Stew. Of course you'll want to that anyway since this winter will marry a spotless sun with hours of darkness with the offspring perhaps being great DX for all.
    Thank you.
    73 and I remain,
    Lew w7ew The Boring Amateur Radio Club Committee on Notices
    w7ew@arrl.net

Stew Perry Top Band Challenge Plaque. The Boring Amateur Radio Club. PJ2T Plaque.

73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X