Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

SP DX Contest 2018

As a matter of fact, the tradition of sponsoring international shortwave competition by Polish enthusiasts is long-established. In December 1933, a two-week long event was arranged by active radio clubs in Poland and attracted hundreds of participants from many countries. The sixth annual Polish contest was conducted in 1939, but the results have never been published. Poland was occupied by Germany and the Soviet Union in September that year. After the war, the country was devastated and Amateur Radio was non-existent for more than a decade. The first post-WWII SP contest was reintroduced in 1962. Last year, the 2017 edition of SP DX Contest was so popular that over 1,000 foreign stations submitted their logs. The number of SP logs exceeded 700.

This year Poland is celebrating the centenary of recovering independence and reunification. Poland had been divided between its neighbours at the end of the 18th century. After First World War, in 1918, a number of countries became independent in Europe and the Middle East. Many Polish radio amateurs pledge this year to show up on the air and participate in the contest in order to demonstrate the strength of the community and give support to the national organization PZK, a member of the International Amateur Radio Union.

The SP DX Contest is jointly sponsored by the PZK and the national DX-hunters' association called SP DX Club. The chairman of the SP DX Club, Andrzej, SP8LBK, personally donates four plaques for top-scorers in different categories and geographical areas, which is 10 percent of the total number of special awards offered this year. Regular paper certificates are given to all national winners and some runners-up.

SP8LBK SP DX Contest 2018

The chairman of the SP DX Club – Andrzej, SP8LBK, (left) is watching members of a contest team in action, location – central Poland.

This year, a new contest committee has taken over the handling of this event and has prepared an updated web at https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/2018/ Logs can be uploaded directly from the browser, which is a new feature. Basic facts about the SP DX Contest: Date and time – start 15.00 UTC on Saturday, April 7th, 2018 – end 14.59 UTC Sunday, April 8th, 2018 Bands – 160 - 80 - 40 - 20 - 15 - 10 meter Modes – CW and Voice Foreign stations send control number – RST/RS + QSO number starting with 001 Polish stations send control group – RST/RS + province identification letter – B,C,D,F,G,J,K,L,M,O,P,R,S,U,W,Z. Only contacts between Polish and foreign stations count.

The past results are posted on www.spdxcontest.pzk.org.pl/en/index.php

Henryk Kotowski, SM0JHF

March 31, 2018
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

The website of 2018 SP DX Contest is full of novel features, however basic instructions are missing.
    If you have submitted your log, then you can see your claimed score in the folder RAW SCORES https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/...esults_raw.php
    A list of 50 stations in each group is shown, but clicking on the small arrows in top of the list will show next or previous 50 stations.
    Clicking on a call sign (in red) shows the first 100 QSO in the submitted log, but showing only the prefixes of the stations worked.
    Clicking on the small arrows in the top of the log will show next or previous 100 log entries.
    A colour bar graph shows the QSO rates and bands used over the 24 hours, the total number of CW and VOICE contacts is above the graph, also divided into bands.

The STATISTICS https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/2018/stats.php folder shows the total number of submitted logs from each continent, as well as from Poland, divided into provinces (16 multiplier letters). Below, the total number of logged contacts split into bands is shown in real time.

Three coloured dots in the top right corner of the STATISTICS page allow selecting a rotating globe, a world map and a map of Europe with red circles indicating the location of stations that have submitted their logs, so far. The size of the red circles appearing on the map are presumably proportional to the number of logs or contacts.

If you have not submitted your log, but your call sign appears in more than 5 of the received logs, your call sign will be listed in the CLAIMED LOGS folder
    https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/...aimed_logs.php
    If you have submitted your log, it will be listed on the same page under the missing logs, in alphabetic order.
    If you do not see your call, then check the header of your Cabrillo log and upload the whole log again using the webpage. E-mailed logs might be delayed.
    Over 1000 foreign (non-SP) logs are approved today - Friday, April 13, 2018 about 16.00 UTC.
    Check if you are on the list and if the category is correct.

That is all so far that I have managed to find. I hope my instructions will help, at least partially.

The results of this contest are expected to be processed in early May. The deadline for submitting logs is April 30, 2018.

Comment

•  

I have tried to write comments on this forum but the software is faulty. My posts are not published, the system asks to log in several times.
      It might be one of the reasons why there are so few comments here.

Comment

•  

Dear Henryk!
        System dont like something and with that reason its show post as unapproved waiting for approval
        I approve it now
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

The website of 2018 SP DX Contest contains a few novel features. I tried to describe them here as a comment, but the comment disappears and the system wants me to log in again.

Anyway, if you have submitted your log, take a look at CLAIMED LOGS https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/...aimed_logs.php
          There is a list of stations that appear in other logs at least 5 times but their logs have not been approved.
          If you have not uploaded your log - do it from the website interface. E-mailed logs might be delayed.
          If you have uploaded your log, check the alphabetic list under the missing logs list.
          Still not on the list, double check your Cabrillo log, the header in particular, and upload it again or send a message to the webmaster.

Comment

•  

I am trying to explain the novel features of the 2018 SP DX Contest web site since there are no instructions on how to browse it. But the forum software is refusing to publish my instructions.

Comment

•  

Yes there is nothing wrong with your posts Henryk Just antispam system decide if post need approval or not but you dont have to worry about that because Im getting message there is new post need approval
              Thank you very much for your information Henryk
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Everyone can see the submitted and approved logs - only with the prefix of the station worked.

https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/...esults_raw.php

50 stations are visible in the list, but if you click the arrow in top right, the next 50 stations are shown.

Click on the call sign - in red - and you can see the first 100 log entries, click the arrow and next 100 will be shown.

You can see your rates, bands, number of contacts on CW and VOICE, each band.
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

The results of 2018 SP DX Contest are published here: https://spdxcontest-2018.pzk.org.pl/2018/results.php
                  Appropriate certificates are available for downloading.
                  Kudos to the new SP DX Contest Committee for prompt and ample scoreboard!
                  Review your log, if you have submitted one.

Comment

•  

The final results of SP DX Contest 2018 are available on the web since a few days. I tried to add this information a couple of days ago, but the forum format does not allow including any URL addresses so my message was deleted.
                    Kudos to the new Contest Committee Team of SP DX Contest for prompt processing of the nearly 2000 submitted logs.
                    Check your final log, if you have submitted one.
                    Last edited by SM0JHF; 05-28-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X