Richard Perks, S79RP is active from Victoria, Mahe Island, IOTA AF - 024, Seychelles.
He is working on HF Bands.
Information from his qrz page:
Born in Shifnal, Shropshire, England.

Worked for Cable & Wireless for 18 years. 7 overseas postings; Ascension (South Atlantic Ocean), Gambia (West Africa), Seychelles (Indian Ocean where I met my XYL), Tortola (British Virgin Islands), Macau (Portuguese enclave -> China), Solomon Islands (Pacific Ocean), St Helena (South Atlantic Ocean). Career: Watchkeeper to Manager Engineering.

Settled down in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK for the 3 childrens education. Seconded and later transfered to One-2-One (UK Mobile Network Operator) and planned, built, operated portions of the network for somethig like 7 years.

To cut a long story short..Last gig was 2 years in Bakcell as Chief Operations Officer for the 2nd largest mobile operator in Azerbaijan.

Retired at 50. Decided we wanted to live abroad. Tried Thailand (Chang Mai and Koh Chang) but in the end we decided to go back to Seychelles.

Sold up and moved down to Seychelles in January 2009. Put in a small WiMAX network in Victoria for the Government. Got my work permit and then my Seychelles passport. Now living at La Misere on Mahe (the largest island out of a total of 115 islands in the Seychelles group).

Got my Foundation and then Advanced license in 2016 (VK4HC) whilst staying in Australia and really enjoy the hobby. I am a member of the Bayside District Amateur Radio Society BDARS based in Cleveland near Brisbane.

Aug 2018: Got my Seychelles license - S79RP

Jan 2019: Formed SARA (Seychelles Amateur Radio Association). The objective is to get the Seychelles Government to recognise Certificates of Competency from online assessments through the RSGB and award locals S79 licenses without the need for them to go abroad and get an overseas license that in turn is recognised and an S79 license issued.

Oct 2019: SARA became IARU Region 1 member.

Operate an Icom 7300 with a half size G5RV sloper plus an Icom 2730A as a VHF/UHF base station. Next project is to install a tower and a 3 element steerable HF yagi. Currently applying for a repeater license and to be able to import 2 x Tait TB 7100 repeaters for the SARA members to use. I will use Allstar to control the repeaters and hopefully will be able to hook-up to the worldwide Allstar network.

S79RP Victoria, Mahe Island, Seychelles