Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

AL6A - JBER - Alaska

Cameron, AL6A is active from Jber, Alaska.
    He is working on HF Bands.
    QSL via AL6A, LOTW.
    Ads for direct QSL:
    CAMERON MACKENZIE, 6918 SOCKEYE AVE, UNIT B, JBER, AK, 99506, USA.
    QTH Locator - BP51df.
    Information from his qrz page:
    I'm located just north of Anchorage, Alaska on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, formerly known as Elmendorf Air Force Base. Since I am operating out of base housing, I cannot have any permanently mounted antennas. I use a Buddipole set up in the back yard (primarily veritical on 20m and up) and work mostly FT8 during the low sunspot cycle.

I am active duty in the U.S. Air Force (21 yrs) and am spending what's likely to be my final assignment in beautiful Southcentral Alaska. I grew up in Central California, where I was licensed as KD6HJG in 1992. I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan from 2004-2008, where I held reciprocal callsign JS6RMZ. While there, I was granted my first vanity callsign, K6CLM, which I held until I upgraded to Extra and took AK4CM. Now in Alaska, I am AL6A.

I can occasionally be found on HF portable as well, likely sitting on a mountaintop nearby. My HF setup is the aforementioned Buddipole, an Icom 7100, and a Surface Pro for digital modes. I also enjoy off-roading in my Jeep, which is outfitted with an Icom 5100 and a Larsen NMO270.

I do not regularly process QSL's, but if you want one please feel free to send via direct and I will figure something out. With moving every few years with the military, having cards made every time I moved became restrictive. That said, if you need a confirmed QSO from AK, I'll gladly confirm from the address above. I'm working on the LoTW registration and will log there as soon as it gets processed.

Thanks for reading! See you on the bands.

AL6A JBER, Alaska
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X