VK9DX - Norfolk Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Nick, VK9DX will be active in Oceania DX Contest, 1 - 2 October 2022.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Hi All

So sad to leave Christmas Island last Friday.... It was a wonderful experience to visit this amazing tropical paradise.... The snorkelling, hiking, swimming and immersion in nature was brilliant. I also really enjoyed meeting locals and learning their story.

It's probably worth noting that the DX path from Flying Fish Cove is excellent to Europe and not so good to NA or VK/ZL. Sorry to those latter stations- it wasn't easy to work you guys, especially on modest power with a temporary inverted-V dipole up a squidpole and a nearby 300m mountain directly in the way!

I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Christmas Island- the opportunity to work lots of DX is a real bonus! I will tidy up the log and correct obvious errors this week. QSL will hard copy will be set up very soon via David EB7DX (see below as per previous activations). Log was uploaded to ClubLog and QRZ.com in real time (mostly- except when internet was regularly down!).

For enquiries relating to September 2022 activation, contact Stephen VK3SN QRZ page or VK3SN website

Thanks to everyone I worked and apologies to those I could not- this was definitely a vacation rather than a DXpedition, but it was great fun to be at the centre of a pile up and I learned rather a lot about how to do it more effectively. Additional thanks to the guys from the CIARC (especially Steve VK6SJ). I will definitely start to plan for similar efforts in future (and be substantially better prepared for the endeavour!).

73 and good DX

Stephen VK3SN

From Steve, VK6SJ - 11th July, 2021

Hi All,

Please note that all hard copy cards requested to date for the June 2021 activation are being sent out over the next few weeks. Logs have also now been uploaded to eQSL, QRZ and LoTW.

For Hard copy QSL cards for the June 2021 activation only, via the bureau or direct, contact David EB7DX or go to his web site EB7DX - Online QSL Request Service (OQRS) . Please dont send QSL cards to Steve - VK6SJ as he does not have cards for this activation.

Any log queries for this activation should be directed to Steve VK6SJ - email steve@kennedy-sj.com.au
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Nick, VK9DX will be active from Norfolk Island in CQ WW DX CW Contest, 26 - 27 November 2022.
        He will operate in Single Operator Single Band 40m Category.
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 7003 now.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 7079 now FT8.
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 50313 now FT8.
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 7136 now.
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 1840 now FT8.
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 50313 now FT8.
                    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9DX from Norfolk Island on 1826.7 now.
                      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                      X