Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

3B8HH - Pereybere - Mauritius

Ray, 3B8HH is active from Pereybere, Mauritius Island, IOTA AF - 049.
    He is working on HF and VHF Bands.
    QSL via 3B8HH, ClubLog.
    Ads for direct QSL:
    Raymond PIAT, Jardin du Cap, DF1, Allée Beau Manguier, Rivière du Rempart, Bain Boeuf, Pereybère, 31702, Mauritius.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    I am located in the North part of Mauritius island and live in the small village of Pereybère very close to beautiful beaches.

Very young, fascinated at home by voices and sounds from the old radio, I spent quite some time listening to foreign broadcasts. I carried on later for many years with increasing excitement short waves monitoring as SWL. I am now back to the island of my family origins where I have the privilege to operate with my 3B8HH callsign.
    I've done a few jobs, for more than 10 years I have worked as reporter-photographer mainly based in Asia for one of the biggest international press photo agency. In the early 90's I have then been back to my educational training and worked as technician installing professional radio systems, maintaining communication sites, training radio operators and managing these HF, VHF, UHF and satellite voice and data networks in different countries on several continents. A new assignment in that field made work on rapid response communication systems and deployment in disaster and emergency situations. I've then been in charge to coordinate and implement telecom strategy and preparedness to ensure safety of staff working in countries in or facing critical situations... Then, after having been running my private radio telecommunication company and several long breaks in my amateur radio activity I am smoothly back to this marvellous hobby and mainly operating CW. I am time to time active in PHONE.
    I especially enjoy DX’ing with QRP and low power equipment.

In 1994, I have been active as 9Q5RP (now expired callsign). Along some years, I have operated in 5H, 5T, 5X, 9U, 9X, HB, OZ, TG9, W2, YV5, XE1, XE3,...

1977 member of REF Nb.34288, 1978 life member of CDXC Nb.277, 1994 life member of ITU IARC, 1996 member of 4U1UN UNSRC, 1996 member of UFT Nb.832, 1998 member of USKA Nb.9158, 2007 member of HTC Nb.225, 2008 member of 30MDG Nb.283 member of EPC Nb.3093 (EU area SZ08), member of DMC Nb.1031, member of the IRESC, 2010 member of CFT Nb.145, 2011 member of the GEM and 2014 member of SKCC Nb.12657.

I like to confirm contacts with a QSL card exchange because I also find it the final courtesy of a QSO. I’m collecting received cards in albums and each time I open them, it is for me a nice trip back in a recent past, remembering these contacts. Even if the QSO was short, ... our QSL cards last for ever !

I do not e-QSL. Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause to SOME but up to now I do NOT plan yet to QSL electronically.

Regarding my QSL policy, I QSL 100% to all the cards I receive and reply by the same way. I will always answer a card even if no postage or SAE is enclosed because I am from the old school of Amateur Radio where gentlemen are gentlemen and should not have to BUY a QSL.

I am time to time QRV on EchoLink, and thanks to Rachid 3B8FP who maintains EchoLink up and running on the Mauritius VHF network.

3B8HH Pereybere, Mauritius
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Ray, 3B8HH planning to start activity after 20 January 2022.
    He will operate on 160 - 2m, CW and some SSB, PSK, RTTY.
    QSL via 3B8HH, ClubLog.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

3B8HH from Pereybere, Mauritius on 28022 now.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

3B8HH from Pereybere, Mauritius Island on 14055 now.
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
        X