Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

VK9MTO - Norfolk Island

VK9MTO Norfolk Island. Marcelo Toniolo, ZL1MTO will be active as VK9MTO from Norfolk Island, IOTA OC - 005, Australia, 29 December 2022 - 5 January 2023.
    He will operate on 20 and 10m, SSB. FT8, FT4, holiday style.
    QSL via home call direct, LOTW.
    Ads for direct QSL:
    Marcelo Toniolo, 439 Ararimu Valley Rd, RD2, Waimauku, 0882, New Zealand.
    DXCC Country - Norfolk Island, VK9/N.

VK9MTO Norfolk Island

A stunning sunrise at Norfolk Island, Australia. Author - Alan McIntosh.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Information from VK9MTO qrz page:
    Hello
    I am Marcelo, ZL1MTO, from New Zealand, and will be a in a holiday in Norfolk Island between 29/12/2022 and 05/01/2023.
    During this time I will be QRV on 20m and 10m bands, both SSB Voice and Digital FT8/FT4. I cannot provide a schedule because operation times may vary from day to day. This is not a DX pedition. I am just going to be a holiday and will be active whenever possible.
    Conditions will be:
    Icom 718 (between 50W to 100W)
    Antenna half wave dipole
    Special paper QSL will be issued with US$5 via Paypal.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

VK9MTO Norfolk Island News
      I am now back in New Zealand and this is a brief summary of my trip to Norfolk Island.

Arrived on 29/12/2022 at the beggining of a storm with heavy winds but at least no rain. On 30/12 I had to change accomodation since it was not suitable for me. The new place was not exactly suitable for radio communication though.

The storm got worse on 31/12 with even stronger winds and heavy rain. It was impossible to assemble any portable antenna outside. On 01/01/2023 the weather was the same as the day before, i.e., not practical / safe to operate the radio or even step outise the hotel room.

Things got better on Monday, 02/01 and finally could go out to do some sightseeing. I only could operate the radio on the 04/01 and 05/01,with my Chamaleon portable antenna assembled on the garden behind my room and FT8 (only managed 20m and 10m). Total contacts = 83 with 12 DXCC.

It's disappointing however this is what I could do under the circunstances I was in. I will upload the QSL data to QRZ, LOTW and ClubLog and of course paper QSL's are available on request.

Thank you

Marcelo
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X