Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

V31XE - Belize

Ed, W8QH ex N5XIE is active as V31XE from Belize.
    He is working on HF Bands.
    QSL via home call direct, QRZ com Log Book.
    Ads for direct QSL:
    Joseph Terry, 1230 Mohawk Trl, Richardson, TX, 75080, Belize.
    QTH Locator - EK58ti.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    Hello, fellow hams,

My station is located in Belize, south of Mexico. I am on the Cerros Peninsula close to the Corozal Bay.

If you are trying to work me on FT4/FT8, I will answer calls in order received. I will answer you 3 time and then move to the next station.. maybe we can make contact

I have a 65-foot long wire running East to West, about 20 feet off the ground on each end; into a 9:1 balun and it matches pretty well on most bands with my IC-7300 on 14-6m.

The standing noise level here is about S4 during the day, mostly from my solar inverter. My location is totally off-grid on a 2.1Kw solar system.

The license here is different from the USA, I have to pay to renew each year, but the initial cost is $50 Bz about 1/2 that in USA dollars. Renewal is every year for $30Bz.

When I made the application, they used part of my US call sign, N5XIE to create V31XE, which I found had been used before but lapsed, so they have no problem using it again.

Since my location has no street address, they use my USA address, the same as W8QH.

If you hear me, please give a signal report if you can.

73's

V31XE

V31XE Belize
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

V31XE from Belize on 24915.4 now FT8.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
    X