Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

3Y0J DX Pedition Epilogue

Expedition 3Y0J is over, but we are still discussing its work.
    Of course, the opinion of our readers is also interesting.
    Personally, my opinion from the beginning of the expedition was surrounded by various scandals, however
    the plans of the organizers looked grandiose and everything was done by them
    That the radio amateur community in them to believe and accordingly supported first of all
    first of all financially.

In my opinion, all this was a promotional campaign and for many now looks like a scam.
    Compare the 3Y0Z expedition, which of course had serious shortcomings, but they returned
    The comparison is with the 3Y0Z expedition which of course had serious flaws but they returned the money to all the sponsors and returned with a great risk to their lives.
    Information - the truth about this expedition is still not disclosed and probably will not be
    The truth of this expedition is still not made public and probably will never be.
    Regarding 3Y0I the House did not have a large sponsorship budget and again caught in a storm
    the captain of the ship made the decision to return.
    3Y0J expedition was conducted almost as an expedition of special services of some kind.
    The members of the expedition were strictly forbidden to pass on any information.
    This was described by Dmitry, RA9USU as well as many other restrictions.

Eventually the 3Y0J crew, having raised a huge amount of money, hired a ship many times cheaper than 3Y0Z and sailed
    to Bouvet Island.
    Reading their own messages it is absolutely unclear how they were going to drag the cargo on the glacier.
    Obviously, the expedition was completely unprepared.
    We could write a lot on this subject, but I think the professionals who deal with
    with the sea.
    The miracle which probably the organizers of expedition hoped for has not taken place.
    Again, for what they can be given the highest mark.
    Causes, of course, to say the least bewilderment QSL rates.

3 dollars for QSL through the bureau and 15 dollars for direct QSL and this with a plan of 200 thousand QSOs.
    Again, we can hardly know the true costs of the organizers from classified information, but the fact that
    they contributed to the commercialization of HAM Radio is a fact.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Dom, 3Z9DX Opinion:
    I think it's time to close VK6CQ open letter topic.
    It is very strange to read all this comments. There are those who is in the log and they don't really care about anything VS those in opposition, who usually stay there just because... Now we also have some new type of "jump around" and I know everything hams.
    A lot of guys forgot that in this hobby we have highly educated people, people with massive knowledge about sub Antarctican islands, we have Navy guys, proper captains, taxi drivers and flying carpet makers and bakery owners. Some of those guys can give you little more info about those places than Wikipedia, National Geographic or Travel TV.
    What really surprised me is fact, that VK6CQ, Alan, who visited some of that places as radio operator. (delivered to the islands by proper vessels and crew) is full of FURRY and energy to stop future expeditions to subantarcric places.
    1 man willing to stop future plans? No. Is not going to happen. As I mentioned some days ago, I fully agree with some of the safety aspects but that was my job for 24 years. Other than that it's hard to understand the reason. Alan was radio operator. Not Captain, not SAR mission coordinator, he was delivered nice and easy way to all his destinations. So what's the problem?
    I'm 100% sure all 3Y0J team members had evacuation insurance covered for more less $500k + per head. I'm sure trip as a trip was also insured in case of something goas wrong and will not be possible to rich the island and/or land.
    If something will go wrong, trust me, rescue mission from Cape Town will rich Bouvet after 6 days. Means forget about SAR actions in those places. They will be gone forever.
    Is this a problem for VK6CQ? Really?
    What about hungry kids in Somalia? Even Banaba Island?! Should Alan maybe redirect people life worry to some others who really need help? Not maybe..they really need help RIGHT NOW and let's leave alone those who went there to Bouvet with full knowledge where they going too.
    Nobody push them them to do it.
    The altitude I don't care about expeditions to subantarcric islands are not his real intentions... That is my personal feelings. There is something behind VK6CQ actions.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

In recent weeks we have received quite a few messages and there are also messages on various
      Internet resources in which radio amateurs express their indignation at the policy
      on the QSL exchange of the 3Y0J expedition.
      Many people complain about the QSL manager M0OXO, although it is clear that M0OXO
      is out of business here.
      Originally QSL exchange meant that if you want to get QSL you have to
      pay the cost of postage.
      If a person wanted to sponsor, they could send extra
      money.
      The situation has changed over time.
      Now according to 3Y0J's policy it is just trading and extorting money.
      Money is extorted for uploading links to LOTW as well.
      LA7GIA himself controls this process, so that not a single cent is lost and only those who paid
      only those who have paid the money get confirmation.
      The amateur radio community is outraged, but why is the DXCC silent?
      Isn't it time to revoke the recognition of such expeditions, which have turned their expeditions
      into a business?
      It is clear that postage prices have now gone up and in some countries are
      already about $10, and somewhere even more, but this is not the case and the expedition has declared
      and LOTW and what?
      DXCC should revoke the recognition of this expedition for the edification of all the following is my opinion.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X