Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

TF/KA9VDU - Iceland

Gregr, Greg Zier, KA9VDU will be active as TF/KA9VDU from Iceland, IOTA EU - 021, 28 September - 8 October 2023.
    He will operate on 40 - 6m Bands.
    QSL via QRZ com Log Book.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    I will be operating qrp/portable in Iceland on 40 thru 6 meters from September 28th until October 8th, 2023. The equipment is a Yaesu FT-818, Kanga tuner and a Buddi-pole/Buddi-stick antenna. Power is from a Bioenno BLF1208LB 8ah battery and the rented camper vans 12 volt deep cycle batteries as a backup. I plan on using cw/ssb, but will run FT8 mode if band conditions are not great with my qrp signal.

The plan is to tour the whole country via the Ring Road (825 miles) operating from a new location/new grid square at the end of each day after sightseeing. If you are looking to work a bunch of gridsquares in Iceland, then I'm your best bet. I plan to be qrv at 17:00 utc daily until I have to qrt to sleep or the weather or wind gets bad enough to require the antenna being taken down. I will have internet access to log my contacts here on QRZ and hopefully update this page with the days radio activities.

73 and hope to work you from Iceland!

Gregr - TF/KA9VDU

TF/KA9VDU Iceland

Iceland. Author - Neil Halin.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Information from TF/KA9VDU Iceland:
    I will be operating qrp/portable in Iceland on 40 thru 6 meters from September 28th until October 8th, 2023. The equipment is a Yaesu FT-818, Kanga tuner and a Buddi-pole/Buddi-stick antenna. Power is from a Bioenno BLF1208LB 8ah battery and the rented camper vans 12 volt deep cycle batteries as a backup. I plan on using cw/ssb, but will run FT8 mode if band conditions are not great with my qrp signal. Power output is 5 watts on CW/SSB and 2.5 watts on FT8/FT4.

The plan is to tour the whole country via the Ring Road (825 miles) operating from a new location/new grid square at the end of each day after sightseeing. If you are looking to work a bunch of gridsquares in Iceland, then I'm your best bet. I plan to be qrv at 17:00 utc daily until I have to qrt to sleep or the weather or wind gets bad enough to require the antenna being taken down. I will have internet access to log my contacts here on QRZ and hopefully update this page with the days radio activities.

73 and hope to work you from Iceland!

Gregr - TF/KA9VDU

TF/KA9VDU Iceland DX News
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

TF/KA9VDU from Iceland on 24919.9 now.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X