Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

KL7DUG - Wasilla - Alaska

Doug, Douglas Perucca, KL7DUG is active from Wasilla, Alaska.
    He is working on HF Bands.
    QSL via KL7DUG.
    QTH Locator - BP51ip.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    Hello from Wasilla, Alaska.

First licensed in 2008 as a Technician in San Diego, CA with my son and some friends. We mainly used HTs and mobiles as a way to stay in contact while riding dirt bikes off road but also enjoyed rag-chewing on the many Southern CA repeaters.

When the Air Force moved me to Alaska in 2011, I kind of lost interest in ham radio - too many competing hobbies. Then in 2022 the bug hit me again and I upgraded to General to get into HF and I've been loving it ever since. Since I decided to make Alaska my permanent home, I figured it was time to get that KL7 call sign - sometimes it's better for busting pile-ups than an amplifier! Lately I've also been getting into satellites - so far with just an HT and handheld antenna, but it's amazing how well that works.

When I'm not working or playing radio, I'm flying airplanes, hunting, fishing, exploring, or doing one of the many other fun things Alaska has to offer.

Current Radio Gear:
    •Radios: ◦Yaesu FTDX101MP - HF Rig
    ◦Yaesu FT-991A - Shack VHF/UHF and HF Portable
    ◦Yaesu 857D (truck), Yaesu FTM-300DR (Jeep) - Mobile
    ◦Too many HTs to count! (Yaesu, Baofeng, Wouxun, Retevis DMR, various GMRS radios)

•Amp: RF-Kit RF2K-S
    •Antennas: ◦DX Commander Signature 12.4 Vertical (main TX)
    ◦MyAntennas EFHW-8010 (mainly for RX since it's usually more quiet)
    ◦Chameleon MPAS 2.0 (mobile HF)
    ◦Arrow Antenna - Arrow II Alaskan (satellite or for when the HT needs a little more gain)
    ◦Various home made/experimental builds

KL7DUG Wasilla, Alaska
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

KL7DUG from Wasilla, Alaska on 28358 now.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
    X