Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

A2NEW - Gabarone - Botswana

John Green, VK2NEN ex VK2FJG is active as A2NEW from Gabarone, Botswana.
    He is working on HF Bands.
    QTH Locator - KG25xj.
    Information from his QRZ page:
    I am an individual who has been residing in Botswana since 2011 I visited Australia in 2018 and collected my certificate. then I tried applying for the licence to find out the licensing requirements for Botswana are different to most other countries I was required to get the radio first I didn't have any available money to purchase a radio at the time. I had been looking for a radio and this previous December I was visiting some friends in Zimbabwe I asking if they knew anyone who has a HF rig. I found a Kenwood TS-480hx with a sgc sg-230 ATU I negotiated a payment plan then I returned to Botswana with it & started working on getting my license. On the 22nd of January 2024 I received the radio licence I was allocated a difficult call so I requested A2NEW because of the similarities to my previous call of VK2NEN I have no intentions leaving Botswana anytime soon. I am currently using a vertical whip mounted to my car but I will setup a dipole when I have the time I also would love to build a cubical quad and have a rotator or a trapped yagi for more consistent DX. I would like to be active with SSTV, FT8 & SSB unfortunately I am not proficient at CW to the standard where I will not disappoint people with my slowness and mistakes. I am willing to operate all HF bands I have no schedule at the moment but I will try to be active most evenings from about 1600-1900 UTC possibly be more active on the weekends

A2NEW Botswana

Leopard, Botswana. Author - Caroline Simpson.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

A2NEW from Gabarone, Botswana on 50313 now FT8.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

A2NEW from Gabarone, Botswana on 21074 now FT8.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X