Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

E6SP - Niue

Gavin Bennett, ZL3GAV will be active as E6SP from Niue Island, IOTA OC - 040, 16 - 28 April 2024.
    He will operate on HF Bands.
    QSL via LOTW, ClubLog,QRZ com Log Book, No paper QSL for this activity.
    QTH Locator - AH50ax.
    Information from E6SP QRZ page:
    E6SP - "Echo 6 South Pacific"

ZL3GAV Gavin will be operating as E6SP in Niue 16 April 2024 to 28 April 2024.

Operation is just me, holiday style but expect to be active.

Antenna being used is Chameleon MPAS2 vertical portable.

Radio is Yaesu FT-DX10 maximum 100 watts all modes. On Digital modes software is JTDX and WSJTx for Fox Hound activity. (Bandplan to follow...) Logging is using Log4OM.

Main operating modes will be digital FT8/FT4 with focus on 15m and 10m. From 40m and below antenna is compromised.

SSB is simplex, if gets busy I will listen 5-10 up.

VarAC will be used on experimental basis depending on demand/interest.

With SSTV will also assess activity levels as to interest.

My objective is to work DXCC and verify on LoTW on 10m digital.

I should have stable internet so will Livestream see here on ClubLog and upload to ClubLog. QRZ.com in real time, and LOTW at least 4 times daily. (No eQSL) Preferred verification is LoTW.

Sorry no paper QSL's or bureau, when I get back to New Zealand I don't have the time for the admin overhead with this. Postage costs ex NZ are ridiculous.

I had contemplated satellite operation, luggage limits and pacticality prevails; maybe next time (-:

More to follow.

Gavin ZL3GAV/E6SP

E6SP Niue Island
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

E6SP from from Niue Island on 14074.3 now FT8.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

E6SP from Niue Island on 14235 now.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

E6SP Niue Island.
        April: 21, 2024: Location is excellent with no noise apparent, there are no neighbours within 500m.
        Antenna installation presented a curved ball, with the Chameleon MPAS2 vertical with it's spike mount would not go into the ground because of the the volcanic base which is 10cm down, so improvisation prevailed, and built a rock cairn to support it. (see photo)
        Have worked a mix of digital, FT8, FT4, VaraAC, some SSTV calls and SSB. Also, spoke to Hayden VK7HH via the Hobart, Tasmania FM repeater on 29.680Mhz. So far have made 2,000 plus QSO's from 84 countries. This is a holiday style mini DXpedition so am enjoying this beautiful South Pacific paradise as well. I am very happy with the antenna performance.
        Please note when outiside the standard FT8 slots I am running the genuine WSJTx Fox Hound mode using WSJTx v2.7.0 rc4. This behaves differently on occasion than expected with valid QSO's being worked when the caller is over 1,000 and the software does not pull them down as expected, and makes a valid QSO. Anyone enlighten me please?
        I am getting a lot of emails, thanks, and will do special requests if possible. Note I am uploading to Clublog and QRZ in real time, and LoTW every hour. Electronic QSL is free and instant, paper QSL as above via Pedro EA5GL in May on return to New Zealand.

E6SP Niue Island News 21 April 2024
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

E6SP Niue has gone QRT, a little earlier than anticipated. Will report later on circumstances via QRZ tomorrow.

It has been amazing for a single operator non sponsored activity, learnt a great deal, had incredible DX contacts. Thank you.

All QSO’s are uploaded to QRZ, Clublog, LOTW. Am back here early 2025.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
          X