X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

IK2SGL/OA9 - Amazon Forest - Peru

Information from IK2SGL/OA9.
    Hi there and thank you for looking me up. Pls. refer to my main call IK2SGL for my biography.

This station is located in the Amazon Forest, Peru. I'm active mostly on Mondays.

I am active on 6-160meters.

Radio: Kenwood 480sat

Ampl.: None, (if you have an old spare one to donate...HI

Antennas: Inverted L antenna for 40-80-160meters. A new antenna showed at stage, a ugly mono-quad. A mono element quad for 10-12-15-17-20 meters hung up to the water tank. It's as repugnant as it gets but it does work. 5 bucks to build it, it's a good bargain.

I moved to the Peruvian selva with my wife Sally. We are international volunteers in a worldwide education program. We contact and help the indigenous people of the region: the Shipibo-Conibo people. There is nothing better than help others and use our own energies and resources to give a hope to people. I firmly believe that the Holy Bible does give good counsels and a real hope for the future. (Psalms 37:10,11,29) We are not paid nor do we have a confortable life as we used to have but we are happy. I have very little time for radio but I enjoy contacting people al over the world and practising my Italian,English,Spanish,Tagalog and now Shipibo.

The area 9 of Peru is pretty rare. At the moment I have no news of other hams active in the area. So if you need this prefix, just look for me aroung 22.00utc on 20 meters. I also have a twitter channel where I usually tweet when I am on air.

QSL INFORMATION

I upload my qso on LOTW and EQSL on a regular basis.

As for paper qsl pls. follow the below details:

EQSL: OK

LOTW:OK

BUREAU: NOT SUPPORTED.

DIRECT: NOT SUPPORTED. I am located in the middle of the rainforest and have not the portunity to get into the city very often. Also, the mail system in the Amazon Rainforest is not so reliable, so... sorry guys, only digital.

IK2SGL/OA9 Daniel Ferrato, Amazon Forest, Peru.

73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X