Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

Video - VE3LYC/KL7 - Little Diomede Island - Alaska

Video announcement VE3LYC/KL7 Little Diomede Island, IOTA NA - 150, Alaska.

More information on:
    VE3LYC/KL7 Little Diomede Island
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

VE3LYC/KL7 Little Diomede Island, Alaska News
    17 March 2019 - 11:30 pm (UTC = local + 8 hrs)

The flight from Toronto to Seattle was uneventful. I arrived on March 16 at 9 pm, and spent the night on the airport. I had to check-in by 3 am, and will all the luggage it didn't make much sense to go to one of the airport hotels, only for a few hours of sleep. On March 17, the flight from Seattle to Anchorage departed at 6 am, and from there, to Nome, where I arrived around 11:30 am. All luggage arrived too, in apparently good condition. There are about 4,000 people in Noam, and the little city appears buried in the snow. There is at least 50 cm of snow everywhere, but there are cars here and there on the streets road completely covered in deep snow. Temperature is around -15C. I spent most of the afternoon and evening in the company of Ramon, AL7X, wo lived here for about 55 years. I want to check with the heli company for tomorrow's flight to Diomede, but when I phoned them I only got their answering machine. A pre-recorded message indicated that I need to be at their hangar at 1 pm. I will try to get in touch with them in the morning, in order to check on any update.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
    X