X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L5A
    replied
    NL0H Saint Lawrence Island News 23 July 2021
    I will be QRV for IOTA contest. I am 1 Op LP SSB on 15, 20, 40, 80m. I am island fixed but I will be using battery power. Also my main antenna is at the mountain. 150 metres above salt water to the north. It is a about a 12 km to this location from my home. I likely will not QRV for the contest until a few hours after the contest start. Also I do plan to be QRV before and after the contest. Also likely on 6m. NO skeds. I am not able to keep up with requests. Please look for me on the air primarily on SSB.

Igamsi!
    Henry NL0H
    Sivuqaq / St Lawrence Island

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    NL0H News 16 July 2021
    After all week of fog and no planes, we finally got clearer weather and mail! I received the 6m yagi yesterday right at the end of work and as fast as possible was on the air. Good signals from JA on FT8. Even a +17 report from JA. I will plan to QRV more this weekend on 6m. Possible from the mountain. I would like to log NA and hopefully EU. But it does look like 6m propagation is not good anymore. We will see!

Thank you!
    Henry
    NL0H
    Sivuqaq

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Information received from Henry, NL0H:
    As far as IOTA contest, currently I have appointments on mainland that week/weekend. There is a chance I will be on the island but at this time I am not sure. If I am active on radio it will most likely be 20m SSB. Possibly 40m SSB. And I would be checking propagation for 6m SSB. I will also be on 6m FT8 more when my new 4 element yagi comes. Waiting for it to arrive and with our current weather, very foggy in Gambell, there have been no flights.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Henry, NL0H will be active from Saint Lawrence Island, IOTA NA - 040, Alaska in RSGB IOTA Contest, 24 - 25 July 2021.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Henry, NL0H is on 14195 now using his new antenna.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    NL0H from Saint Lawrence Island, Alaska on 14090 now FT8.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    NL0H Saint Lawrence Island, IOTA NA - 040, Alaska. QSL Card.

NL0H Saint Lawrence Island, Alaska QSL Card

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Henry, NL0H is move to St. Lawrence Island and will be active as NL0H.
    He will operate as NL0H/P only when he will visit other islands.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    NL0H/P is currently at St Lawrence Island and will QRV during spare time on 80, 40, 30, 20m.

Leave a comment:

• 4L5A
    replied
    Information from Henry, NL0H:
    Greetings all,

I am work on plans for some more activity from St. Lawrence Island, Alaska (NA-040). I would like to plan to travel there sometime between February and March and take time off from work to do so. Costs is a factor as to whether this would be possible especially because I have other travel costs in the near future that are a priority. It is $650 round trip to the island prior to any over weight luggage. I would also need to invest in a better portable antenna. (Suggestions welcome). I will not be able to operate seaside because of the weather conditions and the need for more supplies (generator, arctic tent, etc etc).
    Here are a few other factors to consider:
    1) My first goal is to work on a noise issue. Previous I had s9 and sometimes s9+ noise making it almost impossible to hear anyone. I need to take care of this issue which I can’t do unless on site.
    2) I will be involved in other activities. This would not be a DXpedition. And I would only be on the air as much as possible... but that won’t be all the time because of visiting and native dancing.
    3) I will only be able to use 100w on SSB and possibly FT8 / FT4. Likely on 20 and 40 meters. Possibly 30 meter FT8.

Please let me know if you are interested in offering your support. Or even if you are interested in supporting radio activity from NA-040 in the future.

Note: For those who have not yet received their QSL card, please be patient. Unfortunately, because of my hectic / busy schedule and traveling I have not yet sent all of them.

Igamsiqanaghhalek
    Thank you

Henry
    NLØH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X