VE3LYC and KO8SCA planning to be active as V62P from Polap Atoll, IOTA OC - 155 and V62S from Satawal Atoll, IOTA OC - 299.
Information from Cezar received 21 February 2020:
I have been working on a new IOTA project for some time, but unfortunately suffered a little bit of a setback. As explained there, we have no choice other than to remain in stand-by, and I chose to inform the community about this development.

Thank you,
Cezar, VE3LYC
20 Feb 2020

The team cannot afford the additional time and expenses associated with the quarantine provision. Consequently, we remain in stand-by, waiting for the respective state of emergency to be lifted. Depending on when this will occur, we will either confirm the existing time schedule or negotiate with the charter provider in order to establish a new time schedule for this project. Any developments will be announced on this website. No financial support will be sought from the community until a firm time schedule can be publicly announced.

​31 Jan 2020

The President of FSM has placed the entire territory of FSM under a state of emergency to address the effects of the Coronavirus, following the decision of the World Health Organization to declare this virus a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. As a result, visitors from countries where contamination cases are reported will be denied entry, unless they undergo a 14-day quarantine in Hawaii or Guam.

24 Jan 2020

We approached the local licensing authority, which is open to issue us the callsigns V62P and V62S for activities from each of these atolls, respectively. We are currently working on finalizing a few remaining details before announcing this project publicly.

​20 Jan 2020

We chartered a boat for this project at a cost of $20k. Our time schedule is to leave Weno on April 30, and return on May 12. To guarantee this schedule, 50% of the charter cost must be paid by March 15. Flying to Weno will take 3 days each way, with a mandatory overnight in Hawaii or Guam, depending on actual flights/airlines. The team will arrive in Weno at least two days ahead of the boat departure, in order to finalize a number of logistical aspects associated with this operation.

V62P V62S Polap Atoll Satawal Atoll