Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

SB0G - Bodskar Island - Sweden

Bjorn, SM0SBL is using SB0G call sign when he is operating from Bodskar Island, IOTA EU - 084, Sweden.
    Information from his qrz page:
    SB0G is my call sign used when operating in IOTA entity EU-084 directly from the Island of Bodskär (Bodskar), close to Soderora. Please check in on my main site for SM0SBL.

The island Bodskär is whithin 60 meters from island Söderöra (Soderora) and thus may not be recognized as an island of it's own in the list of islands in EU-084.
    The recommendation from the IOTA team is to call my IOTA QTH "Bodskar, close to Soderora" in QSLs to account for IOTA both for me and for others.

As it is not allowed to operate an IOTA island from a remote location on the main I use my main call sign SM0SBL when operating remote and the special signal SB0G when operating directly from the island.

I will update this page with island specific information and pictures when times allow.

On the island I have an Icom IC-7300 connected to a Windows computer for audio and PTT. The computer is normally controlled using SSH or VPN from just about anywhere, but mostly from Enskede 10km south of Stockholm city. When using SB0G I sit in the same building as the rig using the same control mechanism but only locally within the building.
    I run DXLabSuite for controlling the rig and RemAudio to control the PTT and transfer the audio.

Björn

QSL via SM0SBL.
    Ads for direct QSL:
    Björn Langels, Sandemarsvägen 8, 122 60, Enskede, 12260, Sweden.

SB0G Bodskar Island, Sweden
    73 Al 4L5A
Working...
X