Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

MM0UKI/P - Rockall Island

MM0UKI/P Rockall Island, IOTA EU - 189. In June 2022 a team will land on Rockall Island, more than 200 nautical miles from the West Coast of Scotland, and the nearest civilisation. Their intention is to survive on the tiny island for one week battling winds and waves in order to raise £1,000,000 for charity.
    The Ham Radio community know only too well, the stories of this infamous Rock. Kudos to Nobby G0VJG who will join the Team and will have 1/2 days on the rock as the sole Radio Operator. He will try to focus on 20 and 40m and use SSB only.
    Still #1 most wanted IOTA in the World, it will be a huge challenge.
    Further information will be available in the coming months but please take a look at the links on this post and follow the Team as they progress towards their target date.
    QSL via M0OXO.

MM0UKI/P Rockall Island
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

MM0UKI/P will be active from Rockall Island, IOTA EU - 189, 6 - 19 June 2021.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

My name is Nobby Styles, my call sign G0VJG. I will be part of a team who are going to occupy the island of Rockall EU189, a tiny islet in the North Atlantic for a week. This is a very challenging expedition however also extremely rewarding. We set sail on the 6th of June 2022.
      I plan to operate on the HF bands for a couple of days and try and give this very rare iota to as many hams as possible, we hope to occupy the rock for 7 days. We also hope that a film crew are able to document our challenge and share with everyone who makes this possible.

We are doing this as a charity event to raise funds for the following:

Children's Hospice South West who provide respite care for seriously ill children and their families

The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity

I am asking the ham community for their much needed support. There are three ways to do this.

Visit rockall2022.org there is a just giving link and if you can donate anything that would be appreciated

Also visit Instagram rockall_2022 and please follow us, we need people to spread the word of the expedition and make as many people aware of what the team are undertaking but most importantly why, you can find out more information on our story on our Instagram page.

We will be MM0UKI/p QSL will be available via M0OXO.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

''Rockall Dxpedition 2022 update.

Unfortunately, it is now highly likely the Dxpedition to Rockall (scheduled June 2022) will be postponed for a year.

Sadly, the team have not been able to secure the correct type of vessel and currently, their only hope is for a cancellation (of another vessel).

This seems very unlikely at this late stage so we anticipate the Dxpedition to be rescheduled to 2023. Dates will be announced in the coming months''

Thank you,

Kindest Regards,

Charles (M0OXO)

73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Dear HAM radio friends!
          My name is Emil, DL8JJ, I am a keen IOTA activator and have participated in many DXpeditions. I have been part of many island activations and organised many of these myself. I am part of Rockall expedition where we plan to operate Ham Radio for up to a week using SSB, CW and FT8. Out of the three team members landing on Rockall EU189, two are radio hams, myself and Nobby, G0VJG. Nobby is also an experienced Dxpeditioner. We want to give as many amateur around the world this very rare and difficult IOTA. We will be using two stations, 2 X FT857 with 100Watts and a spare KX2&IC-705 with 10 Watts via a small generator. We also have solar power for back up.
          We have signed a contract with Ocean Sailing Scotland and will set sail on the Taeping Yacht on 26th May 2023. We will be sailing from Inverkip, Scotland. There is a daily rate of £1,275 per day. We expect to be at least 7 days. We expect this trip will cost in excess of £20,000.
          Our call sign will be MM0UKI
          Any support is greatly appreciated.
          PLEASE DONATE:
          PAYPALL: emilbergmann@yahoo.com
          Best Regards
          Emil DL8JJ & Team
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

MM0UKI/P Rockall Island News
            Getting a little nervous but also excited. Our van leaves for the port this Thursday so our adventure begins.
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

MM0UKI/P Rockall Island News
              We are about to leave port for Rockall . See you in the pile ups
              MM0UKI/P Team
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

MM0UKI from Rockall Island on 14035 now.
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

MM0UKI from Rockall Island on 7135 now.
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

MM0UKI from Rockall Island on 14074 now FT8.
                    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                    X