Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

N3ME - Okaloosa Island

January 21-23 N3ME will be QRV by Glenwood DX Association member W3UR, Bernie, from Okaloosa Island, Florida State North West (Escambia to Walton County) group (NA-142). Activity will mostly be from local sunrise (1200Z) to local sunset 2330Z) on Saturday January 22nd. Listen mainly on CW with some SSB and FT8 possible on 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10 meters. Of the 10 Floridian IOTA groups this one is the rarest as only 33.6% of IOTA chasers have this one in the log. Listen for N3ME on or near 14.040, 18.098, 21.040, 24.920 and 28.040 MHz on CW and 14.260, 18.128, 21.260, 24.950 and 28.560 MHz on SSB. Also if you hear N3ME please spot on the DX Spotting Network - N3ME IOTA NA-142.

QSL via W3UR

N3ME Okaloosa Island

Okaloosa Island. Author - Phil and Mirna Thompson.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Information from Bernie, W3UR:
    Just a quick word on my N3ME operation from Okaloosa Island (NA-142).
    I have to merge three logs to come up with the total QSOs as there was a minor problem with N1MM. Also apparently I need to contact Club Log to allow the upload of QSOs with the Glenwood DX Association's N3ME activity as the previous operator (my dad Tony) also had a Club Log account. Please be patient on the QSLing and log checking. If you haven't figured it out yet the operation was from our RV, so there was a lot of time moving, setting up, operating, dismantling everything and then driving back to our base location. There is a small chance I may be going back to the island for another short stint, only this time from a different location on the island. More on that later.
    I'm also thinking of doing an article on the operation with photos in "How's DX?" More on the operation later this week
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

W3UR, Bernie, will once again be operating with the Glenwood DX Association club call N3ME from Okaloosa Island (NA-142), Florida's rarest IOTA on Saturday February 19 from local sunrise to local sunset (1200 to 2330Z). The park is only open from sunrise to sunset. It will take about an hour to set up and about an hour to take down. We are taking the RV to the Gulf Islands National Seashore park and will erect the antenna at water's edge on the north side of the island with a clear take off to EU, NA and JA. Activity will be on 20 through 10 meters CW and FT8. Because the ARRL DX CW Contest is taking place I will focus on 17 and 12 meters CW and FT8 on 20 meters. Watch for the spots on the DX Spotting Network. Equipment will include a K3, KPA500 and TW-2010P antenna. I will be monitoring twitter @BernieMcClenny and What's App. QSL via W3UR and LoTW.
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

N3ME Okaloosa Island 20 February 2022 QRT.

N3ME Okaloosa Island, USA 20 February 2022 Image 1

N3ME Okaloosa Island 20 February 2022 Image 2
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
        X