Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

HR9/K6VHF - Roatan Island

Alex, HR9/K6VHF will be active from Roatan Island, IOTA NA - 057, Islas de la Bahia, Honduras, 27 - 31 July 2022.
    He will operate on 80 - 10m, mostly FT8, perhaps SSB and CW, depend on propagation using ICOM IC - 705 10 watt transceiver and multiband antenna.
    QSL via K6VHF, LOTW.
    Information received from Alex, K6VHF, 4L1FP, 5W0NA, K6VHF/HR9.

HR9/K6VHF Roatan Island

Roatan Island, Honduras. Author - jeronimo mejia paz.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

As expected I've got questioned about radio, antennas, power supply at airport. I've learned lesson long time ago, so all paperwork was inside the luggage. The border control folks were surprised how organized and prepared I was ))) Lol...it's called experience! It took just 3 minutes and I was free to go. They even mentioned that I am the best example how foreigner should be coming with radios to Honduras ))) So hopefully tomorrow will transmit for the first time as HR9/K6VHF. My grid is EK66, IOTA NA-057.
    IC-705, PS, 80m-6m antennas.

HR9/K6VHF Roatan Island, Honduras DX News
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

HR9/K6VHF Roatan Island, Honduras. QSL Card.

HR9/K6VHF Roatan Island, Honduras
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

HR9/K6VHF will be active again from Roatan Island, Honduras.
        He will operate on 40 - 10m Digital Modes.
        73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Alex, HR9/K6VHF will be active again from Roatan Island, Honduras, 27 - 31 October 2022.
          He will operate on HF Bands, SSB, CW, FT8 using ICOM IC - 7300 transceiver 100 watt.
          73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Hello.
            I'm glad to inform that K6VHF is returning to Roatan and will be active between Oct, 27th and Oct, 31st.
            This time, he'll have IC-7300 (100watts) and be active on SSB, CW and FT8 from NA-057, Bahia Island, Roatan.
            Callsign is K6VHF/HR9. QSL vis K6VHF, OQRS
            Thanks.
            Alex K6VHF/HR9
            73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Information from Alex, HR9/K6VHF:
              I'll be active as HR9/K6VHF from Roatan in CQ WW DX SSB contest. 73 and see you on the bands.
              73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Information from Alex, HR9/K6VHF Roatan Island:
                Initial plans were participate in CQ WW DX SSB contest but it all blew away. Survive with 100watts while there is a booming propagation is impossible. The big guns totally consumed all bands with their kW and there was no place for small station. After calling stations for 10 minutes I abandoned the idea operating. So, it became a mini-FT8 expedition with almost 1000 QSOs on total of 6 bands. I didn't operated only on 160-80-30m bands. 12m and 10m were the best.
                See you next time but already on 160-80m and 30m bands. Thx to everyone who called me. All logs will be uploaded to LotW and CLUBlog.
                73 de HR9/K6VHF
                73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Thanks to everyone who worked me. Log will be uploaded onto CLUBLOG, QRZ and LotW.
                  Cobweb antenna 20-17-15-12-10m and HB9SL for 40m band worked great. Thanks to Icom for IC-7300 and AH-4 tuner. Next trip would be dedicated to Low Band DXing 160-80-60m.
                  73 de HR9/K6VHF

HR9/K6VHF Roatan Island 1800 QSO
                  73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Alex, HR9/K6VHF will be active again from Roatan Island, Honduras, 8 - 15 February 2023.
                    He will operate on 160 - 10m, mostly Digital Modes.
                    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
                    X