Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  •  

MM/ON4GS Saint Kilda Archipelago IOTA EU - 059

Gert, ON4GS will be active from Saint Kilda Archipelago, IOTA EU - 059, 10 - 14 July 2017 as MM/ON4GS.
    He will operate on HF Bands.
    QSL via home call, LOTW.
    DXCC Country - Scotland GM.
    73 Al 4L5A
  •  

Hi DX news, Jan, ON4CO (OS5A) and Gert, ON4GS will be setting up a DXpedition to the archipelago of St. Kilda, Scotland (IOTA EU-O59). The intended time frame to activate St. Kilda is from 10th July through 14th July 2017. A successfull landfall on Hirta is highly dependent on weather conditions which might interfere with time schedules. The Outer Hebrides (EU-010) might be activated as well as an alternative or during travel to and from the archipelago. The DXpedition is equiped to operate on all HF bands (160-10m). Main activity will be in SSB and CW, digital modes optionally. QSL via bureau and LoTW.
    Information from Gert, ON4GS.
    73 Al 4L5A

Comment

•  

Hi,By the end of 2016 I decided to go on a phototrip to St.Kilda.
      Right after broadcasting my intentions, Gert ON4GS teamed-up and will come along with me on this voyage to do some radio operating from the much wanted EU-059 IOTA reference.
      From time to time, if I am not birding, and when adverse weather conditions don’t deteriorate to such a scale I can't take any decent pictures anymore, I will join in on the microphone- or keyer myself, using my vanity callsign OS5A whilst doing so.
      Anyway, we hope to land on Hirta on the 10th of July '17, and probably depart again to the mainland July14th or 15th. If we ever get there in the first place. All this is highly weather dependent
      I'll publish a weblink here when it's ready and hopefully BEFORE our departure
      Please keep in mind that this is NOT a full blown DX-pedition costing lots of money gathered by gifts and/or sponsorship. No such thing.
      Yes we will give hamradio a try, and yes we'll do the best we can, but please keep in mind we are NOT professional operators intending on working as many stations as possible. That is not our objective... Further, there is no cellphone / broadband / WiFi or anything like this on the island, so do not expect online Logbooks and the like. At best we’ll be able to communicate via Pactor with the home-front.
      QSL for MM/ON4GS via the bureau or LOTW, for MM/OS5A only LOTW.
      We intend on carrying an FT2000 - FT817 - FLEX1500 with us, antennas still uncertain, most probably two verticals with SG tuners. It is still uncertain whether or not we will get all this equipment on land, let alone our antenna intentions.
      See picture for last weekend’s test setup, as a teaser
      Keep an eye out on DX-reflectors as well, we might have some updates there from time to time.
      Thanks for your understanding.
      Vy 73, Jan
      73 Al 4L5A

Comment

Working...
      X